Dec 9, 2013, 12:09 PM EDT
We knew that Michigan State was banged up the way that they finished their loss to North Carolina last week.
Tom Izzo expounded on those issues this week.
On Monday, Izzo said that center Matt Costello will be out “two to three weeks minimum.” Izzo hasn’t confirmed the diagnosis, but he told reporters on Monday that Costello had been playing sick for a couple weeks and hinted in a radio interview on Friday that it was mono. Costello had been the team’s starting center.
That’s not it, however.
Gary Harris was supposed to have an all-american caliber season now that he’s healthy, but Harris still isn’t healthy. It’s not the shoulder this year, luckily, but a sprained ankle that Harris suffered over the summer is still bothering him. “It’s not anything that’s career, that’s long-term,” Izzo said. “It isn’t healed. It’s not right.”
Adreian Payne is banged up as well, as he’s battling through plantar fasciitis that has kept him out of practices.
We talk a lot about how young teams like Kansas and Kentucky will get better as they learn and develop at the college level. Can’t the same be said about Michigan State as the Spartans work their way back to health?
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)