Dec 9, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
Florida got a huge boost for their showdown with Kansas on Tuesday.
For the first time this season, we will get a chance to see Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill team up in the back court for the Gators. Wilbekin, a senior, had been suspended for the first five games of the year. Before he returned to the lineup, Kasey Hill suffered an ankle sprain. At the end of Monday’s loss at UConn, Wilbekin sprained his ankle.
But according to head coach Billy Donovan, both players will be in the lineup on Tuesday, meaning that Dorian Finney-Smith’s days of running the point are over.
The Gators have long been considered one of this year’s national title contenders, but they’ve spent much of the season playing well below 100%. But will Hill and Wilbekin heathly, this group will have a talented and dynamic back court that also includes sharpshooter Michael Frazier. Throw in their massive front line — which may receive a boost from Chris Walker next week — and Florida looks like they are getting close to being at full strength.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)