Dec 9, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
Florida got a huge boost for their showdown with Kansas on Tuesday.
For the first time this season, we will get a chance to see Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill team up in the back court for the Gators. Wilbekin, a senior, had been suspended for the first five games of the year. Before he returned to the lineup, Kasey Hill suffered an ankle sprain. At the end of Monday’s loss at UConn, Wilbekin sprained his ankle.
But according to head coach Billy Donovan, both players will be in the lineup on Tuesday, meaning that Dorian Finney-Smith’s days of running the point are over.
The Gators have long been considered one of this year’s national title contenders, but they’ve spent much of the season playing well below 100%. But will Hill and Wilbekin heathly, this group will have a talented and dynamic back court that also includes sharpshooter Michael Frazier. Throw in their massive front line — which may receive a boost from Chris Walker next week — and Florida looks like they are getting close to being at full strength.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)