Dec 9, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
Florida got a huge boost for their showdown with Kansas on Tuesday.
For the first time this season, we will get a chance to see Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill team up in the back court for the Gators. Wilbekin, a senior, had been suspended for the first five games of the year. Before he returned to the lineup, Kasey Hill suffered an ankle sprain. At the end of Monday’s loss at UConn, Wilbekin sprained his ankle.
But according to head coach Billy Donovan, both players will be in the lineup on Tuesday, meaning that Dorian Finney-Smith’s days of running the point are over.
The Gators have long been considered one of this year’s national title contenders, but they’ve spent much of the season playing well below 100%. But will Hill and Wilbekin heathly, this group will have a talented and dynamic back court that also includes sharpshooter Michael Frazier. Throw in their massive front line — which may receive a boost from Chris Walker next week — and Florida looks like they are getting close to being at full strength.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)