Dec 9, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
Florida got a huge boost for their showdown with Kansas on Tuesday.
For the first time this season, we will get a chance to see Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill team up in the back court for the Gators. Wilbekin, a senior, had been suspended for the first five games of the year. Before he returned to the lineup, Kasey Hill suffered an ankle sprain. At the end of Monday’s loss at UConn, Wilbekin sprained his ankle.
But according to head coach Billy Donovan, both players will be in the lineup on Tuesday, meaning that Dorian Finney-Smith’s days of running the point are over.
The Gators have long been considered one of this year’s national title contenders, but they’ve spent much of the season playing well below 100%. But will Hill and Wilbekin heathly, this group will have a talented and dynamic back court that also includes sharpshooter Michael Frazier. Throw in their massive front line — which may receive a boost from Chris Walker next week — and Florida looks like they are getting close to being at full strength.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)