Dec 9, 2013, 2:38 PM EDT
Florida got a huge boost for their showdown with Kansas on Tuesday.
For the first time this season, we will get a chance to see Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill team up in the back court for the Gators. Wilbekin, a senior, had been suspended for the first five games of the year. Before he returned to the lineup, Kasey Hill suffered an ankle sprain. At the end of Monday’s loss at UConn, Wilbekin sprained his ankle.
But according to head coach Billy Donovan, both players will be in the lineup on Tuesday, meaning that Dorian Finney-Smith’s days of running the point are over.
The Gators have long been considered one of this year’s national title contenders, but they’ve spent much of the season playing well below 100%. But will Hill and Wilbekin heathly, this group will have a talented and dynamic back court that also includes sharpshooter Michael Frazier. Throw in their massive front line — which may receive a boost from Chris Walker next week — and Florida looks like they are getting close to being at full strength.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)