Dec 11, 2013, 12:37 AM EDT
GAME OF THE DAY: No. 19 Florida 67, No. 13 Kansas 61
Florida played the first month with many players sidelined for various reason. Chris Walker, the Gators hope, will be another piece they get back soon. On Tuesday night, Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill returned from injuries to team up in the back court. The length of the front court caused problems for the Kansas offense. The 1-3-1 defense sparked a 21-0 run in the first half. Wilbekin ended with 18 points, six assists and four steals. Andrew Wiggins also finished with his first collegiate double-double.
Don’t worry Kansas fans. Rob Dauster says so: Read here
No. 11 Kentucky 70, Boise State 55: The Wildcats bounced-back from Friday night’s loss to Baylor. The young UK team held the nation’s top offense to 55 points. James Young with a game-high 21 points, Julius Randle with another double-double and Willie Cauley-Stein with nine blocks and blonde hair.
No. 20 Gonzaga 80, West Virginia 76: The Zags trailed for much of the ball game, but three consecutive 3-pointers from Kevin Pangos capped an 18-2 run late in the second half.
Andrew Wiggins, Kansas: The freshman went for 26 points (20 in the second half) and 11 rebounds, both career highs, in the Jayhawks loss. It was his first double-double and his threes down the stretch gave KU a shot after a horrid first half.
Jerrell Benimon, Towson: A triple-double for Benimon. It was against Central Pennsylvania College. But still 17 points, 18 and 10 assists is a tough feat to accomplish.
Z. Mason, Chattanooga: Went for 41 points and 12 rebounds against Hiwassee College, a liberal arts school of less than 400 students. He also goes by just Z, that should also be noted.
Kansas offense: Jayhawks committed 24 turnovers, 16 to help dig a 15-point hole in the first half. The turnovers went along with an eight-minute stretch without a basket.
Jon Severe, Fordham: The heralded freshman is in a major slump. Continued with 2-of-9 for seven points in a 77-73 win over Colgate.
Travis Bader, Oakland: Mid-major standout finished 2-of-11 from the field for 11 points in an 81-54 loss to Indiana. He was 0-for-10 from three, which breaks his 62 game streak of connecting on at least one 3-pointer.
- First off, Seton Hall guard Tom Maayan played his last game. He’s going back to Israel to fulfill his military service. Best of luck. Stay safe.
- Illinois moves to 9-1 in a 72-65 win over Dartmouth. Rayvonte Rice led five members of the Illini in double figures with 13 points.
- Semaj Christon had 19 points, but Xavier had to rally in the second half to defeat Evansville 63-60.
- Austin Hollins’ 20-point, 14-rebound performance leads the Golden Gophers in Minnesota’s 75-59 win over South Dakota State.
- After losing to Fairliegh Dickinson on Dec. 1, Seton Hall has knocked off fellow New Jersey programs Rutgers and on Tuesday night N.J.I.T. in a 71-55 win.
- Evan Gordon was 10-of-12 and scored 26 points off the bench for Indiana in the Hoosiers’ win over Oakland.
- Central Connecticut State defeats Hartford 73-59 in a Constitution State clash. Kyle Vinales and Faronte Drakeford both with 14 for the Blue Devils.
- Eastern Michigan tops Green Bay 67-58. Green Bay had topped Virginia three days before.
- Jordan Loveridge with 27 points in Utah’s 74-66 win over Idaho State. Utes are 8-1.
- And finally, Nevada’s Deonte Burton dunked on the entire state of California, but the Wolf Pack lost to Cal 92-84:
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 0
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 0
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (6)
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)