Dec 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
With some of the biggest names in collegiate athletics attending IMG’s Intercollegiate Athletics Forum in New York City, many of the major issues on the table were discussed. Among those issues were the possibility of giving scholarship athletes stipend to help cover the full cost of attendance, and how the NCAA members with the most influence can go about governing themselves in order to provide that additional help.
Of course other topics were broached as well, including NCAA president Mark Emmert’s thoughts on the critiques of the current system made by ESPN color commentator Jay Bilas. Bilas has been outspoken in his criticism of the NCAA and of Emmert specifically, arguing that the current system needs to be changed.
On Wednesday, Emmert offered up words regarding Bilas’ critiques of the system and how much knowledge the former Duke forward has when it comes to running an organization such as the NCAA.
Of course Bilas took to Twitter to issue his response to Emmert’s statements regarding his knowledge on how to run an organization such as the NCAA.
With there being so many issues that need to be addressed when evaluating the long-term viability of the NCAA, there won’t be a lack of conversation in the coming months. But how about these two, with a moderator of course, discuss these issues on television? I’d watch it, and it could prove to be more fruitful than simply going back and forth by way of the media.
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)
- Blue Ribbon releases their Preseason First Team All-Americans (1)