Dec 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EST
With some of the biggest names in collegiate athletics attending IMG’s Intercollegiate Athletics Forum in New York City, many of the major issues on the table were discussed. Among those issues were the possibility of giving scholarship athletes stipend to help cover the full cost of attendance, and how the NCAA members with the most influence can go about governing themselves in order to provide that additional help.
Of course other topics were broached as well, including NCAA president Mark Emmert’s thoughts on the critiques of the current system made by ESPN color commentator Jay Bilas. Bilas has been outspoken in his criticism of the NCAA and of Emmert specifically, arguing that the current system needs to be changed.
On Wednesday, Emmert offered up words regarding Bilas’ critiques of the system and how much knowledge the former Duke forward has when it comes to running an organization such as the NCAA.
Of course Bilas took to Twitter to issue his response to Emmert’s statements regarding his knowledge on how to run an organization such as the NCAA.
With there being so many issues that need to be addressed when evaluating the long-term viability of the NCAA, there won’t be a lack of conversation in the coming months. But how about these two, with a moderator of course, discuss these issues on television? I’d watch it, and it could prove to be more fruitful than simply going back and forth by way of the media.
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (30)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)