Dec 11, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
With some of the biggest names in collegiate athletics attending IMG’s Intercollegiate Athletics Forum in New York City, many of the major issues on the table were discussed. Among those issues were the possibility of giving scholarship athletes stipend to help cover the full cost of attendance, and how the NCAA members with the most influence can go about governing themselves in order to provide that additional help.
Of course other topics were broached as well, including NCAA president Mark Emmert’s thoughts on the critiques of the current system made by ESPN color commentator Jay Bilas. Bilas has been outspoken in his criticism of the NCAA and of Emmert specifically, arguing that the current system needs to be changed.
On Wednesday, Emmert offered up words regarding Bilas’ critiques of the system and how much knowledge the former Duke forward has when it comes to running an organization such as the NCAA.
Of course Bilas took to Twitter to issue his response to Emmert’s statements regarding his knowledge on how to run an organization such as the NCAA.
With there being so many issues that need to be addressed when evaluating the long-term viability of the NCAA, there won’t be a lack of conversation in the coming months. But how about these two, with a moderator of course, discuss these issues on television? I’d watch it, and it could prove to be more fruitful than simply going back and forth by way of the media.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)