Dec 12, 2013, 9:57 AM EST
On Thursday morning, the Cincinnati basketball team released a statement announcing that redshirt sophomore Jeremiah Davis will be transferring out of the program at the semester break.
Davis’ family was struck with tragedy when their home was ravaged by a fire last month, and he made the decision to leave the Bearcats for a program closer to his family.
“Due to the extremely difficult situation that my family has endured with losing everything in a house fire, I’ve decided to go home,” Davis said in a UC release. “I want to thank everyone at UC, the fans, the coaching staff, Coach Cronin and my teammates for being so understanding and supportive. Trials and tribulations only make you stronger. It’s important to be with my family at this time.”
Davis had some promising moments as a freshman, but his sophomore season was cut short due to a wrist injury. He only played in six games this year and was averaging just 1.0 points.
“Jeremiah informed me that he needs to be with his family at this time, which I totally understand,” Cronin said. “I appreciate his efforts as a Bearcat. He was a hard-working player who was on track to graduate after three years. We wish him nothing but the best.”
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)