Dec 12, 2013, 9:57 AM EST
On Thursday morning, the Cincinnati basketball team released a statement announcing that redshirt sophomore Jeremiah Davis will be transferring out of the program at the semester break.
Davis’ family was struck with tragedy when their home was ravaged by a fire last month, and he made the decision to leave the Bearcats for a program closer to his family.
“Due to the extremely difficult situation that my family has endured with losing everything in a house fire, I’ve decided to go home,” Davis said in a UC release. “I want to thank everyone at UC, the fans, the coaching staff, Coach Cronin and my teammates for being so understanding and supportive. Trials and tribulations only make you stronger. It’s important to be with my family at this time.”
Davis had some promising moments as a freshman, but his sophomore season was cut short due to a wrist injury. He only played in six games this year and was averaging just 1.0 points.
“Jeremiah informed me that he needs to be with his family at this time, which I totally understand,” Cronin said. “I appreciate his efforts as a Bearcat. He was a hard-working player who was on track to graduate after three years. We wish him nothing but the best.”
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)