Dec 12, 2013, 9:57 AM EST
On Thursday morning, the Cincinnati basketball team released a statement announcing that redshirt sophomore Jeremiah Davis will be transferring out of the program at the semester break.
Davis’ family was struck with tragedy when their home was ravaged by a fire last month, and he made the decision to leave the Bearcats for a program closer to his family.
“Due to the extremely difficult situation that my family has endured with losing everything in a house fire, I’ve decided to go home,” Davis said in a UC release. “I want to thank everyone at UC, the fans, the coaching staff, Coach Cronin and my teammates for being so understanding and supportive. Trials and tribulations only make you stronger. It’s important to be with my family at this time.”
Davis had some promising moments as a freshman, but his sophomore season was cut short due to a wrist injury. He only played in six games this year and was averaging just 1.0 points.
“Jeremiah informed me that he needs to be with his family at this time, which I totally understand,” Cronin said. “I appreciate his efforts as a Bearcat. He was a hard-working player who was on track to graduate after three years. We wish him nothing but the best.”
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)