Dec 12, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
On Thursday morning, the Cincinnati basketball team released a statement announcing that redshirt sophomore Jeremiah Davis will be transferring out of the program at the semester break.
Davis’ family was struck with tragedy when their home was ravaged by a fire last month, and he made the decision to leave the Bearcats for a program closer to his family.
“Due to the extremely difficult situation that my family has endured with losing everything in a house fire, I’ve decided to go home,” Davis said in a UC release. “I want to thank everyone at UC, the fans, the coaching staff, Coach Cronin and my teammates for being so understanding and supportive. Trials and tribulations only make you stronger. It’s important to be with my family at this time.”
Davis had some promising moments as a freshman, but his sophomore season was cut short due to a wrist injury. He only played in six games this year and was averaging just 1.0 points.
“Jeremiah informed me that he needs to be with his family at this time, which I totally understand,” Cronin said. “I appreciate his efforts as a Bearcat. He was a hard-working player who was on track to graduate after three years. We wish him nothing but the best.”
- Senior guard Delon Wright, Utah aim to end NCAA tournament drought 0
- Arizona-commit Justin Simon may not be a PG, but that may not matter 0
- USA Basketball experience motivates five-star big man Chase Jeter 1
- adidas Unrivaled Camp Day 2: Chase Jeter outplays Carlton Bragg in a battle of five-star big men 1
- Five-star wing Brandon Ingram elevates his play during July 1
- CBT Quotables Part 1: Jawun Evans, Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere and more 1
- LeBron James Skills Academy Day 2 Recap: Huntington Prep tandem enjoys productive Thursday 0
- Rashad McCants says he’s getting $310 million from UNC, NCAA (16)
- Rashad McCants says there was never a relationship between him and Roy Williams (AUDIO) (9)
- Report: Memphis football player attacked Dominic Woodson, advisor (5)
- Rick Brunson used Patrick Ewing’s name to deceive masseuse which led to his arrest (3)
- Report: Naadir Tharpe to turn pro (3)