Dec 12, 2013, 9:57 AM EDT
On Thursday morning, the Cincinnati basketball team released a statement announcing that redshirt sophomore Jeremiah Davis will be transferring out of the program at the semester break.
Davis’ family was struck with tragedy when their home was ravaged by a fire last month, and he made the decision to leave the Bearcats for a program closer to his family.
“Due to the extremely difficult situation that my family has endured with losing everything in a house fire, I’ve decided to go home,” Davis said in a UC release. “I want to thank everyone at UC, the fans, the coaching staff, Coach Cronin and my teammates for being so understanding and supportive. Trials and tribulations only make you stronger. It’s important to be with my family at this time.”
Davis had some promising moments as a freshman, but his sophomore season was cut short due to a wrist injury. He only played in six games this year and was averaging just 1.0 points.
“Jeremiah informed me that he needs to be with his family at this time, which I totally understand,” Cronin said. “I appreciate his efforts as a Bearcat. He was a hard-working player who was on track to graduate after three years. We wish him nothing but the best.”
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)