Dec 12, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: North Dakota State 73, Notre Dame 69
Marshal Bjorklund went for 26 points to lead North Dakota State to an upset win over Notre Dame on the Joyce Center on Wednesday night. It’s the second time that the Irish have lost at home this season, and that fact has Raphielle Johnson a bit worried. Me? Not as much. The Bison are good this year. They are also, you know, calm, or at least that’s what their head coach, Saul Phillips, believes.
Said Phillips, on ESPNU’s post game show, “His resting pulse down the stretch wasn’t any different than the middle of the day when he’s out slopping pigs.”
2) Brett Olson went for 24 points as Denver went into the vaunted Moby Arena and knocked off Colorado State, 80-70.
3) Ben Brust led four players in double figures as No. 4 Wisconsin beat up on Milwaukee, 78-52. The Badgers have been phenomenal this season. Are they the best team in the Big Ten? Well, shoot 51% from the floor, hit 10-of-26 from three and force 19 turnovers while committing just eight and you’ll look like it.
1) T.J. Bray finished with 23 points to lead four players in double-figures as Princeton knocked off Rutgers at the RAC.
2) Joe McDonald and Kethan Savage combined for 42 points, 17 boards, six assists and four steals as George Washington picked up a come-from-behind win over Boston U.
1) Weber State dropped to 1-4 after losing to Utah Valley, 62-59. Kyle Tresnak finished 1-for-10 from the floor.
2) Bryant is a good team. They gave Notre Dame a fight on Monday. And they lost to No. 3 Ohio State by 38, shooting 27.6% from the floor and turning the ball over 19 times.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)