Dec 12, 2013, 12:55 AM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: North Dakota State 73, Notre Dame 69
Marshal Bjorklund went for 26 points to lead North Dakota State to an upset win over Notre Dame on the Joyce Center on Wednesday night. It’s the second time that the Irish have lost at home this season, and that fact has Raphielle Johnson a bit worried. Me? Not as much. The Bison are good this year. They are also, you know, calm, or at least that’s what their head coach, Saul Phillips, believes.
Said Phillips, on ESPNU’s post game show, “His resting pulse down the stretch wasn’t any different than the middle of the day when he’s out slopping pigs.”
2) Brett Olson went for 24 points as Denver went into the vaunted Moby Arena and knocked off Colorado State, 80-70.
3) Ben Brust led four players in double figures as No. 4 Wisconsin beat up on Milwaukee, 78-52. The Badgers have been phenomenal this season. Are they the best team in the Big Ten? Well, shoot 51% from the floor, hit 10-of-26 from three and force 19 turnovers while committing just eight and you’ll look like it.
1) T.J. Bray finished with 23 points to lead four players in double-figures as Princeton knocked off Rutgers at the RAC.
2) Joe McDonald and Kethan Savage combined for 42 points, 17 boards, six assists and four steals as George Washington picked up a come-from-behind win over Boston U.
1) Weber State dropped to 1-4 after losing to Utah Valley, 62-59. Kyle Tresnak finished 1-for-10 from the floor.
2) Bryant is a good team. They gave Notre Dame a fight on Monday. And they lost to No. 3 Ohio State by 38, shooting 27.6% from the floor and turning the ball over 19 times.
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)