Dec 12, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
The former N.C. State coach Sidney Lowe has pleaded guilty to failing to file his North Carolina state tax returns for three years.
According to the AP, Lowe received a suspended 45-day jail sentence, 36 months of unsupervised probation, and 100 hours of community service. He must pay more than $79,000 in back taxes plus a $2,000 fine.
The good news for Lowe?
He’s currently employed by the Utah Jazz, which means that he does have means by which to pay those fines and that restitution.
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 0
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 3
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)