Dec 13, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
One of the top wings in the 2015 class, 6-foot-6 Malachi Richardson verbally committed to attend Syracuse on Friday afternoon according to multiple outlets. Richardson, who attends Trenton (N.J.) Catholic, picked the Orange over Indiana, UConn, Rutgers, Arizona and Villanova. He’s the second verbal commitment in Syracuse’s 2015 recruiting class, joining power forward Tyler Lydon.
Richardson’s held in high regard by many of the major scouting services, and his combination of skill, length and athleticism make him a good fit for Jim Boeheim’s system on both ends of the floor. Syracuse loses C.J. Fair at the end of this season but players such as Trevor Cooney, Jerami Grant and Mike Gbinije would all have eligibility remaining come 2015 (if they were all to remain on campus, of course).
Richardson spent last season at Roselle Catholic where he teamed up with forward Tyler Roberson, who’s now a freshman at Syracuse, and guard Aakim Saintil (now at South Alabama) to lead that school to New Jersey Non-Public Group B and Tournament of Champions titles. Below are some clips of Richardson in action at Roselle Catholic last season.
In the TOC title game against St. Joseph’s (Metuchen) Richardson scored 22 points to lead the Lions to the 65-49 win over a team led by Kentucky signee Karl Towns Jr. Below are some highlights of Richardson in action.
- Latest mixtape for Dennis Smith Jr. shows how talented he is (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 forward cuts his list to five schools 0
- Top talent in 2016 announces a top ten 2
- North Carolina athletic director Bubba Cunningham comments on Rashad McCants situation 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1