Dec 13, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
Stories and acts like this never get old. Never.
In February of 2013, Florida senior forward Will Yeguete developed a special friendship and bond with a young boy who has battled cancer — lymphoblastic leukemia, to be specific — for nearly his entire life.
The video demonstrates what kind of young man Yeguete, who is a native of Africa, is and the impact he has had on young Kaedyn Ballew.
Kaedyn Ballew is a 4-year-old boy living in Ocala, Florida. He loves riding his toy tractor, licking the chocolate icing off of doughnuts and chasing his Popeyes Chicken with blueberry coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts. He’s no different from many other kids his age, except his best friend is the forward for the Florida Gators. This is a story of a superhero and a student athlete.
If you need to be uplifted, take the time to watch Will Yeguete interact with Kaedyn.
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 0
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)