Dec 13, 2013, 7:22 PM EST
Stories and acts like this never get old. Never.
In February of 2013, Florida senior forward Will Yeguete developed a special friendship and bond with a young boy who has battled cancer — lymphoblastic leukemia, to be specific — for nearly his entire life.
The video demonstrates what kind of young man Yeguete, who is a native of Africa, is and the impact he has had on young Kaedyn Ballew.
Kaedyn Ballew is a 4-year-old boy living in Ocala, Florida. He loves riding his toy tractor, licking the chocolate icing off of doughnuts and chasing his Popeyes Chicken with blueberry coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts. He’s no different from many other kids his age, except his best friend is the forward for the Florida Gators. This is a story of a superhero and a student athlete.
If you need to be uplifted, take the time to watch Will Yeguete interact with Kaedyn.
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 0
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)