Dec 13, 2013, 7:22 PM EDT
Stories and acts like this never get old. Never.
In February of 2013, Florida senior forward Will Yeguete developed a special friendship and bond with a young boy who has battled cancer — lymphoblastic leukemia, to be specific — for nearly his entire life.
The video demonstrates what kind of young man Yeguete, who is a native of Africa, is and the impact he has had on young Kaedyn Ballew.
Kaedyn Ballew is a 4-year-old boy living in Ocala, Florida. He loves riding his toy tractor, licking the chocolate icing off of doughnuts and chasing his Popeyes Chicken with blueberry coffee from Dunkin’ Donuts. He’s no different from many other kids his age, except his best friend is the forward for the Florida Gators. This is a story of a superhero and a student athlete.
If you need to be uplifted, take the time to watch Will Yeguete interact with Kaedyn.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)