Dec 13, 2013, 6:10 PM EDT
The runner-up for Illinois Mr. Basketball 2012, Keith Carter joined the Valparaiso basketball program in January of 2013, and will now be eligible to play at the conclusion of the fall semester. Carter will have three seasons of eligibility remaining.
As a freshman in 2012-13, Carter appeared in three games for St. Louis, but was hindered due to a foot injury for the beginning of his career as a Billiken. He ended up transferring from St. Louis in December of last season due to “personal reasons.”
Valparasio head coach Bryce Drew had this to say of Carter joining the team back in January: “We’re extremely excited to be adding Keith Carter to the Valpo family. He is a proven winner and a player who should have a great impact on our program. Valpo fans will really enjoy watching Keith, along with our five incoming freshmen, next season.”
Carter will provide immediate help playing alongside Lavonte Dority. When he committed to St. Louis, Rick Majerus thought of him as one of the better recruits he ever brought into the St. Louis program.
Along the same lines of Carter becoming eligible at Valpo, earlier today Yahoo! Sports’ Jeff Eisenberg released the names of six other impact players who are due to become eligible at the conclusion of the fall semester. Click here to read.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)