Dec 13, 2013, 6:10 PM EST
The runner-up for Illinois Mr. Basketball 2012, Keith Carter joined the Valparaiso basketball program in January of 2013, and will now be eligible to play at the conclusion of the fall semester. Carter will have three seasons of eligibility remaining.
As a freshman in 2012-13, Carter appeared in three games for St. Louis, but was hindered due to a foot injury for the beginning of his career as a Billiken. He ended up transferring from St. Louis in December of last season due to “personal reasons.”
Valparasio head coach Bryce Drew had this to say of Carter joining the team back in January: “We’re extremely excited to be adding Keith Carter to the Valpo family. He is a proven winner and a player who should have a great impact on our program. Valpo fans will really enjoy watching Keith, along with our five incoming freshmen, next season.”
Carter will provide immediate help playing alongside Lavonte Dority. When he committed to St. Louis, Rick Majerus thought of him as one of the better recruits he ever brought into the St. Louis program.
Along the same lines of Carter becoming eligible at Valpo, earlier today Yahoo! Sports’ Jeff Eisenberg released the names of six other impact players who are due to become eligible at the conclusion of the fall semester. Click here to read.
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)