Dec 13, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
All college basketball fans, not just those of Louisville and Kentucky, need to make a point of viewing Red V. Blue, a documentary detailing the rivalry between the University of Louisville and University of Kentucky basketball programs.
These two institutions have always been rivals, but this rivalry has escalated to another level as each school has risen to national prominence simultaneously. Kentucky won the NCAA Tournament in 2012, while Louisville won it this past season.
Red V. Blue is more than the story of the fiercest rivalry in college basketball. Red V. Blue tells the story of the central role that college basketball plays in the lives of Kentuckians, rural and urban. To average Kentuckians, basketball is much more than a game, it is a seminal and defining element in the life and culture of the communities in which they live and work. Red V. Blue is as much a salute to and a celebration of the passionate and hardworking Kentuckians, as it is about a college hoops rivalry.
The documentary is slated to be released in late December. Below is a trailer of Red V. Blue.
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 13
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 10
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Ranking the Sweet 16 matchups 8
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close 36
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field 15
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- Reports: Indiana coach Tom Crean said ‘you suck’ to referee after loss to Wichita State (19)
- Sweet 16 Power Rankings: Reseeding the NCAA tournament field (15)