Dec 13, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
All college basketball fans, not just those of Louisville and Kentucky, need to make a point of viewing Red V. Blue, a documentary detailing the rivalry between the University of Louisville and University of Kentucky basketball programs.
These two institutions have always been rivals, but this rivalry has escalated to another level as each school has risen to national prominence simultaneously. Kentucky won the NCAA Tournament in 2012, while Louisville won it this past season.
Red V. Blue is more than the story of the fiercest rivalry in college basketball. Red V. Blue tells the story of the central role that college basketball plays in the lives of Kentuckians, rural and urban. To average Kentuckians, basketball is much more than a game, it is a seminal and defining element in the life and culture of the communities in which they live and work. Red V. Blue is as much a salute to and a celebration of the passionate and hardworking Kentuckians, as it is about a college hoops rivalry.
The documentary is slated to be released in late December. Below is a trailer of Red V. Blue.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)