Dec 14, 2013, 12:18 AM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: Iowa State 85, Iowa 82 — It was a slow night of college hoops with only eight games on the Division I docket, but even on a day chock full of games, Iowa State vs. Iowa still may be the day’s best game. This one had a lot of hype going into it, and the game certainly lived up to its billing. Iowa led for the majority of the game, but an 8-0 run by the Cyclones in the final 1:29 gave them an 85-82 win, and kept Iowa State perfect on the season as they move to 8-0. With wins over Michigan, BYU, and now Iowa, Iowa State has a pretty nice looking resume.
1) Colorado 80, Elon 63 — There was no letdown for the Buffaloes after their big victory over Kansas last weekend. Colorado knocked off one of the Southern Conference’s best behind Spencer Dinwiddie’s 17 points, six rebounds, and seven assists.
2) Missouri State 70, Oral Roberts 67 — Very quietly, Missouri State is now 8-1 with solid wins against Tulsa, Texas A&M, and now Oral Roberts. The Bears were 11-22 just a year ago, but look like they may factor into the Valley this season. Marcus Marshall came back from a knee injury to score 20 points off the bench.
1) Kyle Wilson and Army shooting — Army finished in the top half of the Patriot League a season ago thanks in large part to their perimeter shooting. The Black Knights have struggled this year in that department, but may be getting on track as they hit ten three-pointers. Kyle Wilson totaled 24 points in the win.
2) Devon Collier, Oregon State — Collier continues his monster season going off for 20 and 10 in a 77-63 win over Arkansas-Pine Bluff. For the season, the senior forward from the Bronx is nearly averaging a double-double (22.4 points and 9.6 rebs)
3) Milton Doyle, Loyola (IL) — Doyle, a freshman guard for the Ramblers, had a career night going off for 32 points on just 13 shots from the field. He was 9-13 FG, 2-2 3PT, and 12-15 FT — that’s efficient offense.
4) Sebastian Koch, Elon — Koch did his best to keep Elon close to Colorado tonight as he drilled 9-14 3PT, but the Phoenix were unable to keep pace with the Buffaloes. Koch is now 32-70 3PT on the season.
1) Memphis — On the outset, it would appear the Tigers defeated Arkansas-Little Rock with relative ease, 73-59. But, this was a game Memphis trailed 31-24 at the break. They’ll have to play much better next Tuesday at Madison Square Garden against Florida to have a chance.
2) Maine — The struggles for the Black Bears continue. Maine lost to Army 90-80 to move to 1-8 on the season with their lone win coming against sub-D1 competition.
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)