Dec 14, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
The Florida Gators received some big news on Saturday as ineligible freshman forward and McDonald’s All-American Chris Walker has enrolled at the university and begins practice on Saturday according to Kevin Brockway of the Gainsville Sun.
The 6-foot-10 Walker was regarded as the No. 6 prospect in Rivals’ 2013 national class and should give the Gators an immediate boost when the NCAA finally deems him eligible. Although Walker is enrolled, practicing with the team, and wearing No. 23, he is still awaiting clearance from the NCAA before he can appear in game action.
Brockway is also reporting that Florida will not have Walker for Tuesday’s game at Madison Square Garden against Memphis.
As the Gators continue to get healthy at the guard position, adding a talent like Walker in the frontcourt can only help add more depth to a suddenly very dangerous Florida team.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)