Dec 14, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
The Florida Gators received some big news on Saturday as ineligible freshman forward and McDonald’s All-American Chris Walker has enrolled at the university and begins practice on Saturday according to Kevin Brockway of the Gainsville Sun.
The 6-foot-10 Walker was regarded as the No. 6 prospect in Rivals’ 2013 national class and should give the Gators an immediate boost when the NCAA finally deems him eligible. Although Walker is enrolled, practicing with the team, and wearing No. 23, he is still awaiting clearance from the NCAA before he can appear in game action.
Brockway is also reporting that Florida will not have Walker for Tuesday’s game at Madison Square Garden against Memphis.
As the Gators continue to get healthy at the guard position, adding a talent like Walker in the frontcourt can only help add more depth to a suddenly very dangerous Florida team.
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)