Dec 14, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
The Florida Gators received some big news on Saturday as ineligible freshman forward and McDonald’s All-American Chris Walker has enrolled at the university and begins practice on Saturday according to Kevin Brockway of the Gainsville Sun.
The 6-foot-10 Walker was regarded as the No. 6 prospect in Rivals’ 2013 national class and should give the Gators an immediate boost when the NCAA finally deems him eligible. Although Walker is enrolled, practicing with the team, and wearing No. 23, he is still awaiting clearance from the NCAA before he can appear in game action.
Brockway is also reporting that Florida will not have Walker for Tuesday’s game at Madison Square Garden against Memphis.
As the Gators continue to get healthy at the guard position, adding a talent like Walker in the frontcourt can only help add more depth to a suddenly very dangerous Florida team.
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- Four-star shooting guard verbally commits to UCLA 0
- USA Basketball U17 team wins gold in the FIBA World Championships 0
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ 4
- Michigan State’s Tom Izzo takes the #icebucketchallenge (VIDEO) (5)
- Larry Brown on Emmanuel Mudiay going pro: ‘I thought it was a bad decision’ (4)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Watch Stephen Curry put 40 on Gonzaga in the NCAA tournament (VIDEO) (3)
- Five-star power forward Elijah Thomas sets five official visits (3)