Dec 14, 2013, 12:00 PM EST
The Florida Gators received some big news on Saturday as ineligible freshman forward and McDonald’s All-American Chris Walker has enrolled at the university and begins practice on Saturday according to Kevin Brockway of the Gainsville Sun.
The 6-foot-10 Walker was regarded as the No. 6 prospect in Rivals’ 2013 national class and should give the Gators an immediate boost when the NCAA finally deems him eligible. Although Walker is enrolled, practicing with the team, and wearing No. 23, he is still awaiting clearance from the NCAA before he can appear in game action.
Brockway is also reporting that Florida will not have Walker for Tuesday’s game at Madison Square Garden against Memphis.
As the Gators continue to get healthy at the guard position, adding a talent like Walker in the frontcourt can only help add more depth to a suddenly very dangerous Florida team.
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- Weekend Preview: The regular season comes to a close 1
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy 4
- Senior starters once again carry No. 15 Cincinnati 0
- Doug McDermott’s career still missing most important part: His One Shining Moment 0
- Bryce Cotton, Providence’s marathon man, looking to lead the Friars on a run to the NCAA tournament 0
- Bubble Banter: Colorado, Dayton the day’s biggest winners 1
- Undefeated regular season says all we need to know about No. 2 Wichita State (9)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- Finally at full strength, Michigan State sleepwalks through loss to Illinois (6)
- Kentucky hits rock bottom, loses at South Carolina (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)