Dec 14, 2013, 12:00 PM EDT
The Florida Gators received some big news on Saturday as ineligible freshman forward and McDonald’s All-American Chris Walker has enrolled at the university and begins practice on Saturday according to Kevin Brockway of the Gainsville Sun.
The 6-foot-10 Walker was regarded as the No. 6 prospect in Rivals’ 2013 national class and should give the Gators an immediate boost when the NCAA finally deems him eligible. Although Walker is enrolled, practicing with the team, and wearing No. 23, he is still awaiting clearance from the NCAA before he can appear in game action.
Brockway is also reporting that Florida will not have Walker for Tuesday’s game at Madison Square Garden against Memphis.
As the Gators continue to get healthy at the guard position, adding a talent like Walker in the frontcourt can only help add more depth to a suddenly very dangerous Florida team.
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 4
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Michigan lands 2014 commitment from guard Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman (4)