Dec 14, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
The news for Seton Hall continues to go from bad to worse as the Pirates not only lost a home game in overtime to struggling St. Peter’s on Saturday, but they might have lost sophomore guard Sterling Gibbs to a knee injury.
According to Jerry Carino of New Jersey Hoops Haven, Gibbs went down with the left knee injury in the final 10 seconds of regulation of the overtime loss and he didn’t return to the contest. Carino also notes that center Aaron Geramipoor is expected to miss a few weeks after also spraining his ankle in the game.
“Hall coach Kevin Willard said Gibbs knee ‘doesn’t look good,’ but gave no further prognosis pending MRI results,” Carino’s story said. “Another Pirate who went down in the game, backup center Aaron Geramipoor, will miss the next 2-3 weeks with a sprained ankle.”
Gibbs had missed practice this week with the flu as Willard also said, “With Sterling, it’s almost comical. Sterling hadn’t practiced the last two days because he was sick with the flu. He gave it his best effort. I wish he would have stayed sick.”
MRI results are still pending for Gibbs, a Texas transfer averaging 16 points and 4.1 rebounds per game, but it certainly doesn’t look good for the redshirt sophomore.
With Seton Hall (7-4) only fielding six scholarship players during overtime of the loss to St. Peter’s — and also losing at home earlier this season to Fairleigh Dickinson — their season is quickly unraveling.
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 1
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 6
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 6
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 67
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (67)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)