Dec 14, 2013, 5:33 PM EST
The news for Seton Hall continues to go from bad to worse as the Pirates not only lost a home game in overtime to struggling St. Peter’s on Saturday, but they might have lost sophomore guard Sterling Gibbs to a knee injury.
According to Jerry Carino of New Jersey Hoops Haven, Gibbs went down with the left knee injury in the final 10 seconds of regulation of the overtime loss and he didn’t return to the contest. Carino also notes that center Aaron Geramipoor is expected to miss a few weeks after also spraining his ankle in the game.
“Hall coach Kevin Willard said Gibbs knee ‘doesn’t look good,’ but gave no further prognosis pending MRI results,” Carino’s story said. “Another Pirate who went down in the game, backup center Aaron Geramipoor, will miss the next 2-3 weeks with a sprained ankle.”
Gibbs had missed practice this week with the flu as Willard also said, “With Sterling, it’s almost comical. Sterling hadn’t practiced the last two days because he was sick with the flu. He gave it his best effort. I wish he would have stayed sick.”
MRI results are still pending for Gibbs, a Texas transfer averaging 16 points and 4.1 rebounds per game, but it certainly doesn’t look good for the redshirt sophomore.
With Seton Hall (7-4) only fielding six scholarship players during overtime of the loss to St. Peter’s — and also losing at home earlier this season to Fairleigh Dickinson — their season is quickly unraveling.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 2
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)