Dec 14, 2013, 5:33 PM EDT
The news for Seton Hall continues to go from bad to worse as the Pirates not only lost a home game in overtime to struggling St. Peter’s on Saturday, but they might have lost sophomore guard Sterling Gibbs to a knee injury.
According to Jerry Carino of New Jersey Hoops Haven, Gibbs went down with the left knee injury in the final 10 seconds of regulation of the overtime loss and he didn’t return to the contest. Carino also notes that center Aaron Geramipoor is expected to miss a few weeks after also spraining his ankle in the game.
“Hall coach Kevin Willard said Gibbs knee ‘doesn’t look good,’ but gave no further prognosis pending MRI results,” Carino’s story said. “Another Pirate who went down in the game, backup center Aaron Geramipoor, will miss the next 2-3 weeks with a sprained ankle.”
Gibbs had missed practice this week with the flu as Willard also said, “With Sterling, it’s almost comical. Sterling hadn’t practiced the last two days because he was sick with the flu. He gave it his best effort. I wish he would have stayed sick.”
MRI results are still pending for Gibbs, a Texas transfer averaging 16 points and 4.1 rebounds per game, but it certainly doesn’t look good for the redshirt sophomore.
With Seton Hall (7-4) only fielding six scholarship players during overtime of the loss to St. Peter’s — and also losing at home earlier this season to Fairleigh Dickinson — their season is quickly unraveling.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)