Dec 14, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Wichita State could be without sophomore guard Ron Baker this afternoon during their game against Tennessee as Baker has been called a game-time decision with a sprained ankle, according to ESPN’s Jimmy Dykes.
The No. 12 Shockers face Tennessee at home at 2 p.m. today and if they’re without the 6-foot-3 Baker, their leading scorer at 15.3 points per game, then Wichita State could be in for a serious test. The Shockers are looking to go 10-0 for the first time in school history with a win over Tennessee today and besides scoring, Baker also brings a lot more to the table.
The sophomore is also averaging 4.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1.8 steals a game in 30 minutes of playing time this season as he also shoots for The Chase for 180. Baker is currently shooting 51 percent from the floor, 40 percent from three and 87 percent from the free-throw line this season and his numbers have gone up across the board from his freshman season.
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 0
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)