Dec 14, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Wichita State could be without sophomore guard Ron Baker this afternoon during their game against Tennessee as Baker has been called a game-time decision with a sprained ankle, according to ESPN’s Jimmy Dykes.
The No. 12 Shockers face Tennessee at home at 2 p.m. today and if they’re without the 6-foot-3 Baker, their leading scorer at 15.3 points per game, then Wichita State could be in for a serious test. The Shockers are looking to go 10-0 for the first time in school history with a win over Tennessee today and besides scoring, Baker also brings a lot more to the table.
The sophomore is also averaging 4.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1.8 steals a game in 30 minutes of playing time this season as he also shoots for The Chase for 180. Baker is currently shooting 51 percent from the floor, 40 percent from three and 87 percent from the free-throw line this season and his numbers have gone up across the board from his freshman season.
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job 7
- Kentucky’s James Young to enter the NBA Draft 0
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA 4
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Report: New Mexico State’s Sim Bhullar to enter 2014 NBA Draft (7)