Dec 14, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Wichita State could be without sophomore guard Ron Baker this afternoon during their game against Tennessee as Baker has been called a game-time decision with a sprained ankle, according to ESPN’s Jimmy Dykes.
The No. 12 Shockers face Tennessee at home at 2 p.m. today and if they’re without the 6-foot-3 Baker, their leading scorer at 15.3 points per game, then Wichita State could be in for a serious test. The Shockers are looking to go 10-0 for the first time in school history with a win over Tennessee today and besides scoring, Baker also brings a lot more to the table.
The sophomore is also averaging 4.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1.8 steals a game in 30 minutes of playing time this season as he also shoots for The Chase for 180. Baker is currently shooting 51 percent from the floor, 40 percent from three and 87 percent from the free-throw line this season and his numbers have gone up across the board from his freshman season.
- Las Vegas Friday Recap: Jaylen Brown, Kobi Simmons among standouts 0
- AAU Nationals Friday Recap: Event moves to Louisville, Bruce Brown plays well, Noah Dickerson updates recruitment 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)