Dec 14, 2013, 11:41 AM EDT
Wichita State could be without sophomore guard Ron Baker this afternoon during their game against Tennessee as Baker has been called a game-time decision with a sprained ankle, according to ESPN’s Jimmy Dykes.
The No. 12 Shockers face Tennessee at home at 2 p.m. today and if they’re without the 6-foot-3 Baker, their leading scorer at 15.3 points per game, then Wichita State could be in for a serious test. The Shockers are looking to go 10-0 for the first time in school history with a win over Tennessee today and besides scoring, Baker also brings a lot more to the table.
The sophomore is also averaging 4.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1.8 steals a game in 30 minutes of playing time this season as he also shoots for The Chase for 180. Baker is currently shooting 51 percent from the floor, 40 percent from three and 87 percent from the free-throw line this season and his numbers have gone up across the board from his freshman season.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)