Dec 14, 2013, 11:41 AM EST
Wichita State could be without sophomore guard Ron Baker this afternoon during their game against Tennessee as Baker has been called a game-time decision with a sprained ankle, according to ESPN’s Jimmy Dykes.
The No. 12 Shockers face Tennessee at home at 2 p.m. today and if they’re without the 6-foot-3 Baker, their leading scorer at 15.3 points per game, then Wichita State could be in for a serious test. The Shockers are looking to go 10-0 for the first time in school history with a win over Tennessee today and besides scoring, Baker also brings a lot more to the table.
The sophomore is also averaging 4.6 rebounds, 3.6 assists, 1.1 blocks and 1.8 steals a game in 30 minutes of playing time this season as he also shoots for The Chase for 180. Baker is currently shooting 51 percent from the floor, 40 percent from three and 87 percent from the free-throw line this season and his numbers have gone up across the board from his freshman season.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)