Dec 15, 2013, 6:06 PM EDT
On Saturday the Arkansas State basketball program announced both an addition and a departure, with forward Seth Kisler cleared to return after playing in just one game last season due to injury. It remains to be seen what Kisler can provide the Red Wolves, who are off to a 5-3 start, but at the very least the 6-foot-8 forward gives Arkansas State another player with size.
The departure from the program is where things get interesting. Reserve forward Raeford “Gator” Worsham, who was averaging 6.4 points per game, quit the team and based upon his quote in the release Brady didn’t sound too thrilled with how things went down.
“Also Raeford Worsham has decided to quit the Arkansas State men’s basketball team. The coaches, his teammates, the administration and the university as a whole gave this young man a wonderful opportunity,” Brady said in the release. “We believe some NCAA rules may have been breached as it relates to tampering and we will use all avenues to protect the investment we made.
“As always I’m indebted to the players who wear the Scarlet and Black and I’m proud to coach those who represent this wonderful university. We will continue to improve and look forward to Sun Belt Conference play.”
In other words, when it comes to where Worsham can transfer to the school may impose some limits while also taking this to the NCAA. Limitations are placed on transfers quite often, with some conferences having rules prohibiting transfers within the conference, and more than a few coaches have imposed such limits whether there are allegations of tampering or not.
Tampering’s a serious allegation to make when it comes to these situations, and it will be interesting to see what happens with Worsham moving forward.
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 0
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 1
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 1
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 6
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 1
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Three ACC, two Big Ten teams in Elite Eight (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)