Dec 15, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
On Nov. 30, Georgetown head coach John Thompson III announced that he had dismissed junior forward Greg Whittington from the program.
Whittington has now found his new home, transferring to Rutgers to play for Eddie Jordan. Whittington was visiting Rutgers this weekend, and late on Saturday night it was reported that he would join Georgetown’s former conference opponent. Whittington’s commitment was first reported by Ron Bailey via Twitter.
He was being recruited by the likes of Memphis, Oregon and Nebraska since leaving the Georgetown program last month.
The transfer forward tore the ACL in his left knee in June, which sidelined him for this season before his dismal. The 6-foot-8 Whittington averaged 12.1 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game in a shortened 2012-2013 season due to academic issues. He missed the final 19 games of the season.
Whittington is the second player to transfer in to Rutgers for next season, joining guard Bishop Daniels, who left Miami and joined the Scarlet Knights in May.
He should offer an impact next season for Rutgers, as the university makes the move to the Big Ten Conference for the start of the 2014 season.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)
- Buffalo dismisses Justin Moss, reigning MAC Player of the Year, from team (2)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)