Dec 15, 2013, 10:46 AM EDT
On Nov. 30, Georgetown head coach John Thompson III announced that he had dismissed junior forward Greg Whittington from the program.
Whittington has now found his new home, transferring to Rutgers to play for Eddie Jordan. Whittington was visiting Rutgers this weekend, and late on Saturday night it was reported that he would join Georgetown’s former conference opponent. Whittington’s commitment was first reported by Ron Bailey via Twitter.
He was being recruited by the likes of Memphis, Oregon and Nebraska since leaving the Georgetown program last month.
The transfer forward tore the ACL in his left knee in June, which sidelined him for this season before his dismal. The 6-foot-8 Whittington averaged 12.1 points, 7.0 rebounds and 2.0 assists per game in a shortened 2012-2013 season due to academic issues. He missed the final 19 games of the season.
Whittington is the second player to transfer in to Rutgers for next season, joining guard Bishop Daniels, who left Miami and joined the Scarlet Knights in May.
He should offer an impact next season for Rutgers, as the university makes the move to the Big Ten Conference for the start of the 2014 season.
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Seven (more) Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 0
- Seven Takeaways from Nike’s Peach Jam 1
- CBT Quotables Part IV: The Lawsons, Stephen Zimmerman, Malik Monk 1
- Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Rabb, Zimmerman go big, Chris Clarke goes hard, Lawson bros advance 0
- Nike Peach Jam Saturday Recap: Jayson Tatum, DeAndre Ayton and Briscoe vs. Trier 0
- Peach Jam Recruiting Notebook: Jamal Murray plays well, Tyler Davis has big day, Juwan Morgan likes two 0
- Skipping college makes Emmanuel Mudiay the most important player in 2014 class (5)
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Study says Louisville has the best fanbase for second straight season (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (4)
- Indiana’s summer workouts look intense (VIDEO) (4)