Dec 16, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Florida’s roster is almost fully stocked.
Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill were back in the lineup for the Kansas game last Tuesday, and Chris Walker has been admitted into Florida, is practicing with the team and, now, is awaiting word on whether or not he will be deemed eligible by the NCAA.
The Gators are still waiting on Damontre Harris, however, and it doesn’t seem like he’ll be showing up any time soon. As Billy Donovan told reporters on Monday, “I don’t ever anticipate him playing here at Florida.”
Harris is a talented big man, having averaged 6.8 points, 5.5 boards and 2.1 blocks as a sophomore at South Carolina in 2011-2012, and his addition would clearly be helpful for the Gators. But, at this point, it may almost be superfluous, especially if Walker shows up in shape and ready to contribute.
Donovan has plenty of front court pieces to work with. He doesn’t need an extra body if he’s going to be a distraction.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)