Dec 16, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Florida’s roster is almost fully stocked.
Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill were back in the lineup for the Kansas game last Tuesday, and Chris Walker has been admitted into Florida, is practicing with the team and, now, is awaiting word on whether or not he will be deemed eligible by the NCAA.
The Gators are still waiting on Damontre Harris, however, and it doesn’t seem like he’ll be showing up any time soon. As Billy Donovan told reporters on Monday, “I don’t ever anticipate him playing here at Florida.”
Harris is a talented big man, having averaged 6.8 points, 5.5 boards and 2.1 blocks as a sophomore at South Carolina in 2011-2012, and his addition would clearly be helpful for the Gators. But, at this point, it may almost be superfluous, especially if Walker shows up in shape and ready to contribute.
Donovan has plenty of front court pieces to work with. He doesn’t need an extra body if he’s going to be a distraction.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)