Dec 16, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
Florida’s roster is almost fully stocked.
Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill were back in the lineup for the Kansas game last Tuesday, and Chris Walker has been admitted into Florida, is practicing with the team and, now, is awaiting word on whether or not he will be deemed eligible by the NCAA.
The Gators are still waiting on Damontre Harris, however, and it doesn’t seem like he’ll be showing up any time soon. As Billy Donovan told reporters on Monday, “I don’t ever anticipate him playing here at Florida.”
Harris is a talented big man, having averaged 6.8 points, 5.5 boards and 2.1 blocks as a sophomore at South Carolina in 2011-2012, and his addition would clearly be helpful for the Gators. But, at this point, it may almost be superfluous, especially if Walker shows up in shape and ready to contribute.
Donovan has plenty of front court pieces to work with. He doesn’t need an extra body if he’s going to be a distraction.
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 12
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s essentially a two-man race at this point 3
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (12)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)