Dec 16, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
Florida’s roster is almost fully stocked.
Scottie Wilbekin and Kasey Hill were back in the lineup for the Kansas game last Tuesday, and Chris Walker has been admitted into Florida, is practicing with the team and, now, is awaiting word on whether or not he will be deemed eligible by the NCAA.
The Gators are still waiting on Damontre Harris, however, and it doesn’t seem like he’ll be showing up any time soon. As Billy Donovan told reporters on Monday, “I don’t ever anticipate him playing here at Florida.”
Harris is a talented big man, having averaged 6.8 points, 5.5 boards and 2.1 blocks as a sophomore at South Carolina in 2011-2012, and his addition would clearly be helpful for the Gators. But, at this point, it may almost be superfluous, especially if Walker shows up in shape and ready to contribute.
Donovan has plenty of front court pieces to work with. He doesn’t need an extra body if he’s going to be a distraction.
- 2014 American Athletic Conference Tournament Preview: Louisville looks to win its only year in the AAC 1
- NBCSports.com National Player of the Year: Doug McDermott, Creighton 2
- 2014 ACC Tournament Preview: Will a newcomer crash the party in Greensboro? 1
- NBCSports.com National Freshman of the Year: Jabari Parker, Duke 3
- Bracketology: Delaware, Manhattan, Wofford punch tickets 1
- 2014 SEC Tournament Preview: How will Kentucky, bubble teams fair? 1
- Joel Embiid out for Big 12 tournament, ‘longshot’ for NCAA tournament first weekend 1
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (12)
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (12)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league (6)
- South Carolina suspends Frank Martin for regular season finale at Mississippi State (5)