Dec 16, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Duke had a 12-day lay-off since their last game, but they played well immediately in its 85-66 non-conference win over Gardner-Webb.
Point guard Quinn Cook had 11 points and nine assists to lead a 53-39 Duke halftime lead on his way to 16 points and nine assists while Jabari Parker finished with 21 points and six rebounds.
Two key reserves also played well for Duke as Amile Jefferson had 10 rebounds, five offensive, while Andre Dawkins had four three-pointers on his way to 18 points.
The Blue Devils have to be pleased with 53 first-half points after 12 days of rest after the Michigan win. Rasheed Sulaimon continues to struggle, as he only went for two points, but as long as others like Dawkins or Jefferson step up, they have the scoring capability to compete with anybody.
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 2
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 2
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight 6
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Born without a right hand, Omar Ndiaye looking for his chance 0
- Illinois starting point guard suffers season-ending knee injury 1
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Report: Providence legend Marvin ‘Bad News’ Barnes passes away (2)
- Villanova lands commitment from five-star point guard Jalen Brunson (2)