Dec 16, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
Duke had a 12-day lay-off since their last game, but they played well immediately in its 85-66 non-conference win over Gardner-Webb.
Point guard Quinn Cook had 11 points and nine assists to lead a 53-39 Duke halftime lead on his way to 16 points and nine assists while Jabari Parker finished with 21 points and six rebounds.
Two key reserves also played well for Duke as Amile Jefferson had 10 rebounds, five offensive, while Andre Dawkins had four three-pointers on his way to 18 points.
The Blue Devils have to be pleased with 53 first-half points after 12 days of rest after the Michigan win. Rasheed Sulaimon continues to struggle, as he only went for two points, but as long as others like Dawkins or Jefferson step up, they have the scoring capability to compete with anybody.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame falls, No. 13 Louisville comes back from 18 down 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)