Dec 16, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Duke had a 12-day lay-off since their last game, but they played well immediately in its 85-66 non-conference win over Gardner-Webb.
Point guard Quinn Cook had 11 points and nine assists to lead a 53-39 Duke halftime lead on his way to 16 points and nine assists while Jabari Parker finished with 21 points and six rebounds.
Two key reserves also played well for Duke as Amile Jefferson had 10 rebounds, five offensive, while Andre Dawkins had four three-pointers on his way to 18 points.
The Blue Devils have to be pleased with 53 first-half points after 12 days of rest after the Michigan win. Rasheed Sulaimon continues to struggle, as he only went for two points, but as long as others like Dawkins or Jefferson step up, they have the scoring capability to compete with anybody.
- Fixing his flaws: How Kris Dunn has attacked the two weaknesses in his game 0
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)
- Marquette coaches discuss daily ‘noon ball’ tradition (VIDEO) (2)
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? (2)