Dec 16, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Duke had a 12-day lay-off since their last game, but they played well immediately in its 85-66 non-conference win over Gardner-Webb.
Point guard Quinn Cook had 11 points and nine assists to lead a 53-39 Duke halftime lead on his way to 16 points and nine assists while Jabari Parker finished with 21 points and six rebounds.
Two key reserves also played well for Duke as Amile Jefferson had 10 rebounds, five offensive, while Andre Dawkins had four three-pointers on his way to 18 points.
The Blue Devils have to be pleased with 53 first-half points after 12 days of rest after the Michigan win. Rasheed Sulaimon continues to struggle, as he only went for two points, but as long as others like Dawkins or Jefferson step up, they have the scoring capability to compete with anybody.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)