Dec 16, 2013, 8:20 PM EDT
The Oregon Ducks are off to a 9-0 start and are the No. 13 team in the country. Now, the Ducks return suspended sophomores Dominic Artis, a point guard, and forward Ben Carter for Tuesday’s game with UC Irvine after the duo was suspended nine games in November for selling school-provided shoes.
The return of Artis gives the Ducks a deep backcourt that is capable of doing a number of different things along with senior guards Johnathan Loyd and Jason Calliste Houston transfer Joseph Young and sophomore Damyean Dotson.
Carter should help inside alongside Mike Moser, who is also off to a strong start after transferring from UNLV.
According to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.com, the duo will come off of the bench after Rothstein spoke with Ducks’ head coach Dana Altman on Monday morning.
“We’ll work them in,” Altman said to Rothstein. “We’ve set a rotation early on but we’ve only played nine games so nothing is set in stone. We’re hoping that now we’ll have a bit more depth so we can pressure the ball even more defensively.”
It is scary to think how deep this Oregon team is with the return of Artis and Carter to the rotation and now Dana Altman can really pressure teams and up the tempo if he wants.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)