Dec 16, 2013, 8:20 PM EST
The Oregon Ducks are off to a 9-0 start and are the No. 13 team in the country. Now, the Ducks return suspended sophomores Dominic Artis, a point guard, and forward Ben Carter for Tuesday’s game with UC Irvine after the duo was suspended nine games in November for selling school-provided shoes.
The return of Artis gives the Ducks a deep backcourt that is capable of doing a number of different things along with senior guards Johnathan Loyd and Jason Calliste Houston transfer Joseph Young and sophomore Damyean Dotson.
Carter should help inside alongside Mike Moser, who is also off to a strong start after transferring from UNLV.
According to Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports.com, the duo will come off of the bench after Rothstein spoke with Ducks’ head coach Dana Altman on Monday morning.
“We’ll work them in,” Altman said to Rothstein. “We’ve set a rotation early on but we’ve only played nine games so nothing is set in stone. We’re hoping that now we’ll have a bit more depth so we can pressure the ball even more defensively.”
It is scary to think how deep this Oregon team is with the return of Artis and Carter to the rotation and now Dana Altman can really pressure teams and up the tempo if he wants.
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)