Dec 16, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
It’s time for yet another update on the health of the four Michigan State starters that are banged up.
According to Joe Rexrode, Matt Costello could still be weeks away from actually stepping on the court. He’s reportedly. got mono, that’s not an easy thing to get rid of.
There is some good news to pass along, however, as it appears that Gary Harris may be getting closer to playing. The 6-foot-4 sophomore shooting guard has been battling a sprained ankle that he initially injured back in the offseason. He aggravated the injury in the loss to North Carolina and sat out against Oakland, a game that the Spartans barely hung on to win.
But head coach Tom Izzo said that Harris is “questionable-probable” to suit up Tuesday against North Florida.
As far as Keith Appling (wrist) and Adreian Payne (plantar fasciitis) are concerned, they are getting closer to 100%.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)