Dec 16, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
It’s time for yet another update on the health of the four Michigan State starters that are banged up.
According to Joe Rexrode, Matt Costello could still be weeks away from actually stepping on the court. He’s reportedly. got mono, that’s not an easy thing to get rid of.
There is some good news to pass along, however, as it appears that Gary Harris may be getting closer to playing. The 6-foot-4 sophomore shooting guard has been battling a sprained ankle that he initially injured back in the offseason. He aggravated the injury in the loss to North Carolina and sat out against Oakland, a game that the Spartans barely hung on to win.
But head coach Tom Izzo said that Harris is “questionable-probable” to suit up Tuesday against North Florida.
As far as Keith Appling (wrist) and Adreian Payne (plantar fasciitis) are concerned, they are getting closer to 100%.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)