Dec 16, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
It’s time for yet another update on the health of the four Michigan State starters that are banged up.
According to Joe Rexrode, Matt Costello could still be weeks away from actually stepping on the court. He’s reportedly. got mono, that’s not an easy thing to get rid of.
There is some good news to pass along, however, as it appears that Gary Harris may be getting closer to playing. The 6-foot-4 sophomore shooting guard has been battling a sprained ankle that he initially injured back in the offseason. He aggravated the injury in the loss to North Carolina and sat out against Oakland, a game that the Spartans barely hung on to win.
But head coach Tom Izzo said that Harris is “questionable-probable” to suit up Tuesday against North Florida.
As far as Keith Appling (wrist) and Adreian Payne (plantar fasciitis) are concerned, they are getting closer to 100%.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 4
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (6)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)