Dec 16, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
It’s time for yet another update on the health of the four Michigan State starters that are banged up.
According to Joe Rexrode, Matt Costello could still be weeks away from actually stepping on the court. He’s reportedly. got mono, that’s not an easy thing to get rid of.
There is some good news to pass along, however, as it appears that Gary Harris may be getting closer to playing. The 6-foot-4 sophomore shooting guard has been battling a sprained ankle that he initially injured back in the offseason. He aggravated the injury in the loss to North Carolina and sat out against Oakland, a game that the Spartans barely hung on to win.
But head coach Tom Izzo said that Harris is “questionable-probable” to suit up Tuesday against North Florida.
As far as Keith Appling (wrist) and Adreian Payne (plantar fasciitis) are concerned, they are getting closer to 100%.
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 22
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 6
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (26)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (6)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)