Dec 16, 2013, 1:22 PM EDT
It’s time for yet another update on the health of the four Michigan State starters that are banged up.
According to Joe Rexrode, Matt Costello could still be weeks away from actually stepping on the court. He’s reportedly. got mono, that’s not an easy thing to get rid of.
There is some good news to pass along, however, as it appears that Gary Harris may be getting closer to playing. The 6-foot-4 sophomore shooting guard has been battling a sprained ankle that he initially injured back in the offseason. He aggravated the injury in the loss to North Carolina and sat out against Oakland, a game that the Spartans barely hung on to win.
But head coach Tom Izzo said that Harris is “questionable-probable” to suit up Tuesday against North Florida.
As far as Keith Appling (wrist) and Adreian Payne (plantar fasciitis) are concerned, they are getting closer to 100%.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)