Dec 16, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
Utah State suffered a big blow on Monday, as the school announced that leading scorer and rebounder Jarred Shaw has been suspended indefinitely.
Shaw was averaging 16.1 points, 7.8 boards and 1.4 blocks. He was shooting 54.3% from the floor and 87.1% from the line as a 6-foot-10 center. He’s really good and he’s really valuable, and he’ll be out for a while for the Aggies.
Utah State is 6-2 this season, having lost to BYU and Pacific at home with wins over USC, Mississippi State and at Santa Barbara. They play three games in three days beginning on Thursday, as the Aggies host Western Illinois, Santa Barbara and Troy. The game against Santa Barbara is the one to take notice of. Without Shaw, it will be tough for Utah State to matchup with Alan Williams inside.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)