Dec 16, 2013, 1:51 PM EST
Utah State suffered a big blow on Monday, as the school announced that leading scorer and rebounder Jarred Shaw has been suspended indefinitely.
Shaw was averaging 16.1 points, 7.8 boards and 1.4 blocks. He was shooting 54.3% from the floor and 87.1% from the line as a 6-foot-10 center. He’s really good and he’s really valuable, and he’ll be out for a while for the Aggies.
Utah State is 6-2 this season, having lost to BYU and Pacific at home with wins over USC, Mississippi State and at Santa Barbara. They play three games in three days beginning on Thursday, as the Aggies host Western Illinois, Santa Barbara and Troy. The game against Santa Barbara is the one to take notice of. Without Shaw, it will be tough for Utah State to matchup with Alan Williams inside.
Dec 25, 2014, 10:59 PM EST
Just four games on the schedule Christmas Day, with the Colonials picking up some hardware.
Dec 25, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
The third-ranked Wildcats suffered their first loss of the season Tuesday. Where do they need to improve in the new year?
Dec 25, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Iowa State once again looks like a strong competitor in the Big 12 this season.
Dec 25, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
The ten teams, players and leagues that have left us wanting more.
Dec 25, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
What do the Zags need to change this season?
Dec 25, 2014, 9:00 AM EST
What will the Tar Heels need to improve upon in order to compete for the ACC title?
Dec 24, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
The preseason pick to win Big East Freshman of the Year is averaging 11.9 points, 4.3 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game for the 9-2 Pirates.
Dec 24, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
What does Duke need to do to remain a title contender this season?
Dec 24, 2014, 3:07 PM EST
He’s made a habit out of cracking jokes at his team’s expense this season.
Dec 24, 2014, 12:26 PM EST
The most surprising players, teams and leagues this season.
Dec 24, 2014, 11:16 AM EST
The Huskies have played a tough schedule thus far, and that will benefit them in conference play.
Dec 24, 2014, 1:05 AM EST
One top-10 team went down on Tuesday night.
Dec 24, 2014, 12:41 AM EST
This is a huge win for a young UNLV team.
Dec 23, 2014, 11:33 PM EST
Wichita State plays George Washington on Christmas night in the Diamond Head Classic championship game.
Dec 23, 2014, 9:38 PM EST
This win might make people start to forget about Stanford’s loss to DePaul.
Dec 23, 2014, 8:56 PM EST
Dwayne Polee II collapsed during Monday night’s game against UC Riverside.
Dec 23, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
Charles Barkley gives a strong reason for why he would openly break an NCAA rule.
Dec 23, 2014, 7:15 PM EST
The Diamond Head Classic had several impressive dunks on Monday.
Dec 23, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
The 6-foot-10 center has not played since Jan. 7.
Dec 23, 2014, 4:34 PM EST
The Cal sophomore guard has been out the past six games.
- Late Night Snacks: George Washington wins the Diamond Head Classic 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Arizona Wildcats 0
- The ten biggest disappointments of the 2014-2015 college basketball season 2
- New Year’s Resolutions: Gonzaga Bulldogs 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Duke Blue Devils 1
- The ten biggest surprises in college basketball in 2014-2015 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: UConn Huskies 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville (5)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (3)
- One suitor for Duke transfer hopes to land him despite not having an available scholarship (3)
- No. 24 North Carolina handles No. 12 Ohio State (3)