Dec 17, 2013, 5:40 PM EST
Injuries have piled up for Seton Hall in recent weeks, as the roster got even thinner once Tom Maayan had to return to Israel to fulfill his military commitment for the Israeli Defense Forces.
However, Kevin Willard got some good news on Monday night, learning that Sterling Gibbs knee injury will only sideline him for 1-2 weeks, according to Brendan Prunty of the Star-Ledger.
Gibbs, a redshirt sophomore transfer from Texas, went down with a knee injury with 10 second remaining in overtime in an 83-80 loss to St. Peter’s on Saturday. Steve Dombroski, the team’s spokesperson, said it’s a hyperextended and bruised knee.
The 6-foot-2 Gibbs is leading the Pirates with 16.1 points and 4.0 assists per game while pulling down 3.1 boards.
According to Prunty, Seton Hall is expecting Fuquan Edwin (ankle) and Patrick Auda (foot) to be back by the end of the month and ready for Big East play. Aaron Geramipoor, who also went down with an injury in Saturday’s game, will likely be out 2-3 weeks.
Seton Hall hosts Eastenr Washington and Lafayette before beginning conference play on the road against Providence.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)