Dec 17, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Injuries have piled up for Seton Hall in recent weeks, as the roster got even thinner once Tom Maayan had to return to Israel to fulfill his military commitment for the Israeli Defense Forces.
However, Kevin Willard got some good news on Monday night, learning that Sterling Gibbs knee injury will only sideline him for 1-2 weeks, according to Brendan Prunty of the Star-Ledger.
Gibbs, a redshirt sophomore transfer from Texas, went down with a knee injury with 10 second remaining in overtime in an 83-80 loss to St. Peter’s on Saturday. Steve Dombroski, the team’s spokesperson, said it’s a hyperextended and bruised knee.
The 6-foot-2 Gibbs is leading the Pirates with 16.1 points and 4.0 assists per game while pulling down 3.1 boards.
According to Prunty, Seton Hall is expecting Fuquan Edwin (ankle) and Patrick Auda (foot) to be back by the end of the month and ready for Big East play. Aaron Geramipoor, who also went down with an injury in Saturday’s game, will likely be out 2-3 weeks.
Seton Hall hosts Eastenr Washington and Lafayette before beginning conference play on the road against Providence.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)