Dec 17, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Injuries have piled up for Seton Hall in recent weeks, as the roster got even thinner once Tom Maayan had to return to Israel to fulfill his military commitment for the Israeli Defense Forces.
However, Kevin Willard got some good news on Monday night, learning that Sterling Gibbs knee injury will only sideline him for 1-2 weeks, according to Brendan Prunty of the Star-Ledger.
Gibbs, a redshirt sophomore transfer from Texas, went down with a knee injury with 10 second remaining in overtime in an 83-80 loss to St. Peter’s on Saturday. Steve Dombroski, the team’s spokesperson, said it’s a hyperextended and bruised knee.
The 6-foot-2 Gibbs is leading the Pirates with 16.1 points and 4.0 assists per game while pulling down 3.1 boards.
According to Prunty, Seton Hall is expecting Fuquan Edwin (ankle) and Patrick Auda (foot) to be back by the end of the month and ready for Big East play. Aaron Geramipoor, who also went down with an injury in Saturday’s game, will likely be out 2-3 weeks.
Seton Hall hosts Eastenr Washington and Lafayette before beginning conference play on the road against Providence.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)