Dec 18, 2013, 1:05 PM EDT
Who wouldn’t love that matchup?
Kansas vs. Wichita State in a three-game series, well unfortunately there is nothing in the works at the moment, despite a three-year offer Wichita State claims it proposed to Kansas, according to Rustin Dodd of the Kansas City Star.
Gregg Marshall said last week, he tried to get the Jayhawks to play his Shockers in a three-game series: a game played in Lawrence and Wichita with a third game at the Sprint Center in Kansas City.
“This isn’t knocking Wichita State,” Self told the Star on Tuesday. “But if it was best for our program, I would reach out to them about scheduling them. But it’s not. I’ve heard a lot of talk about them wanting to play us so bad; Gregg Marshall’s never contacted me about playing.”
It doesn’t appear that Kansas head coach Bill Self will change his stance. He’s been on the other side of these type of negotiations when he coached at Tulsa from 1997-2000, where bigger programs refused to schedule his program.
“It would be helpful,” Marshall added. “But still, we’re putting ourselves in a position where it doesn’t matter if they want to play or not. That’s what we have to do. One day, when it behooves them, then maybe it’ll happen.”
For all college basketball fans, hopefully it could be done in the future. But in the meantime, Self is going to continue to anchor a powerhouse program, while Marshall is building up his across the state.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)