Dec 18, 2013, 6:53 PM EDT
One of the most surprising scores on Tuesday night was Denver’s 90-62 pasting of Belmont at Magness Arena. The Bruins have wins over Indiana State and North Carolina to their credit, making the margin of defeat a surprise. But Joe Scott’s Pioneers, picked to finish second in the Summit League behind North Dakota State, have played better basketball of late after starting the season 1-4.
A key player is senior forward Chris Udofia, a very versatile player who is second on the team in points (13.6 ppg), rebounds (5.4 rpg) and assists (3.4 apg). And on Tuesday night Udofia threw down an impressive two-handed finish while being fouled by Belmont’s Caleb Chowbay.
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 3
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 1
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft 8
- Bobby Portis announces that he is turning pro 0
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)