Dec 18, 2013, 11:35 AM EDT
Southern Illinois head coach Barry Hinson has been an overnight sensation with a six-minute postgame rant following his team’s 73-65 loss to Murray State on Tuesday night. He appeared on the second hour on the Dan Patrick Show on Wednesday morning to discuss the viral video.
During the rant (can watch it here), which was mostly entertaining, Hinson calls out one of his players by name. In his interview with Patrick, he apologized for singling him out.
Toward the end of the interview, Patrick got his Hinson’s wife, Angie on the phone. In Tuesday night’s press conference, Hinson referenced her twice, both funny moments in the memorable rant.
The Salukis are 2-8. They get back at home on Saturday night to play 2-6 Ball State.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)