Dec 19, 2013, 2:33 PM EDT
Assembly Hall has a new name.
Thanks to a $40 million donation from Cindy Simon Skjodt, the place where the Indiana Hoosiers play their home games will now be called … Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.
Cindy has donated millions to Indiana over the years, and the money will be used to refurbish and improve Indiana’s athletic facilities, including the now-named Simon Skjodt Assembly Hall.
With all apologies to Indiana and their wealthy donors, I’m going to go ahead and continue to simply refer to it as Assembly Hall.
- John Calipari can be a great coach with being an x’s-and-o’s mastermind 1
- Louisville’s Terry Rozier is ready for his bigger role this season 1
- Expectations have changed for Nebraska after surprise run to 2014 NCAA tournament 0
- John Calipari on whether Kentucky will use platoons this season: ‘I think so’ 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 1
- Austin Hatch, who twice survived plane crashes, plays for Michigan 0
- Kentucky loses final game of Bahamas tour, Jack Martinez hits game-winner for Dominican Republic (VIDEO) 0
- John Calipari calls Mike Francesa’s radio show to complain about a critique (AUDIO) (7)
- Northern Illinois unveils its new basketball floor (PHOTO) (5)
- Rupp Arena ranked college hoops’ best home venue, Cameron Indoor 31st? (5)
- Former Vanderbilt player releasing book exposing sex, drugs and parties in college basketball (4)
- Indiana lands a final piece in their 2014 recruiting class (4)