Dec 19, 2013, 4:08 PM EDT
Andrew Wiggins, Joel Embiid, Julius Randle, Jabari Parker.
Those are the names that pique the interest of NBA fans and GMs alike. They are part of the reason that ‘tanking’ and ‘freshmen’ have dominated the talk about basketball throughout the fall.
But they aren’t alone.
There is Marcus Smart. And Aaron Gordon. And Noah Vonleh.
And Dante Exum.
You’ve probably heard of Exum but never seen him play. He’s a 6-foot-6 point guard from Australia that will likely find himself in the top five of this year’s draft. Unless, of course, he goes to college:
Dante Exum (@daanteee) told ESPN that he still intends to set up college visits to 5 finalists soon — Indiana, UNC, UK, Michigan, Oregon.
— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) December 19, 2013
Most expect Exum, whose dad played at North Carolina, to enter the draft.
But that doesn’t mean that he can’t at least take his visits.
There’s always a chance.
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority 7
- NCAA council aims to change immediate eligibility waiver policy 0
- #UMassUnited: Thousands show to support Derrick Gordon during Westboro Baptist Church protest (18)
- Reports: Missouri’s Frank Haith agrees to take the Tulsa job (11)
- Jabari Parker is headed to the NBA (9)
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)