Dec 19, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
On Tuesday night, with two minutes left in Michigan State’s blowout win over North Florida, Tom Izzo got on the microphone and honored longtime referee Ed Hightower.
It was a great moment, and another reason to love Izzo.
But it wasn’t his idea. He stole it from Tom Crean! Check it out:
I’m mostly kidding. It’s cool to see how much respect these high-profile coaches have for some of the referees that they go back and forth with on a nightly basis.
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Iowa State’s Georges Niang carries extra motivation – and less weight – into 2014-15 0
- Emmanuel Mudiay to China makes him even more of a case-study 0
- Four-star Class of 2016 guard Bruce Brown gave up football to focus on basketball 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (4)
- Chris Walker looks like he’s spent some time in the gym (PHOTO) (3)
- NCAA gets rid of name-likeness release form for student-athletes (3)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)