Dec 19, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
On Tuesday night, with two minutes left in Michigan State’s blowout win over North Florida, Tom Izzo got on the microphone and honored longtime referee Ed Hightower.
It was a great moment, and another reason to love Izzo.
But it wasn’t his idea. He stole it from Tom Crean! Check it out:
I’m mostly kidding. It’s cool to see how much respect these high-profile coaches have for some of the referees that they go back and forth with on a nightly basis.
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 1
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 1
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 54
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 8
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 13
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (54)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)