Dec 20, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
After losing consecutive games to Army and Monmouth, Glenn Braica’s St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers have now won two straight games to move to 7-5 on the season. With just one player averaging in double figures, junior forward Jalen Cannon (14.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg), the Terriers have received contributions from multiple players this season.
On Thursday night in their 65-62 win over Lafayette it was guard Alex Isailovic who made the big play, as he banked in a three-pointer with less than a second remaining. Not sure if Isailovic called “glass,” but his shot answered a three-pointer made by Lafayette’s Bryce Scott to tie the game at 62 with 20.6 seconds to go.
St. Francis, picked to finish seventh in the Northeast Conference preseason coaches’ poll, also has wins over defending ACC champion Miami and reigning America East regular season champ Stony Brook. And they also gave No. 2 Syracuse all it wanted in a game last month before losing by six, 56-50.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)