Dec 20, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
After losing consecutive games to Army and Monmouth, Glenn Braica’s St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers have now won two straight games to move to 7-5 on the season. With just one player averaging in double figures, junior forward Jalen Cannon (14.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg), the Terriers have received contributions from multiple players this season.
On Thursday night in their 65-62 win over Lafayette it was guard Alex Isailovic who made the big play, as he banked in a three-pointer with less than a second remaining. Not sure if Isailovic called “glass,” but his shot answered a three-pointer made by Lafayette’s Bryce Scott to tie the game at 62 with 20.6 seconds to go.
St. Francis, picked to finish seventh in the Northeast Conference preseason coaches’ poll, also has wins over defending ACC champion Miami and reigning America East regular season champ Stony Brook. And they also gave No. 2 Syracuse all it wanted in a game last month before losing by six, 56-50.
- USA U19 team wins in overtime of gold-medal game over Croatia at FIBA World Championships 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4