Dec 20, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
After losing consecutive games to Army and Monmouth, Glenn Braica’s St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers have now won two straight games to move to 7-5 on the season. With just one player averaging in double figures, junior forward Jalen Cannon (14.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg), the Terriers have received contributions from multiple players this season.
On Thursday night in their 65-62 win over Lafayette it was guard Alex Isailovic who made the big play, as he banked in a three-pointer with less than a second remaining. Not sure if Isailovic called “glass,” but his shot answered a three-pointer made by Lafayette’s Bryce Scott to tie the game at 62 with 20.6 seconds to go.
St. Francis, picked to finish seventh in the Northeast Conference preseason coaches’ poll, also has wins over defending ACC champion Miami and reigning America East regular season champ Stony Brook. And they also gave No. 2 Syracuse all it wanted in a game last month before losing by six, 56-50.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 20
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (20)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)