Dec 20, 2013, 9:00 AM EST
After losing consecutive games to Army and Monmouth, Glenn Braica’s St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers have now won two straight games to move to 7-5 on the season. With just one player averaging in double figures, junior forward Jalen Cannon (14.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg), the Terriers have received contributions from multiple players this season.
On Thursday night in their 65-62 win over Lafayette it was guard Alex Isailovic who made the big play, as he banked in a three-pointer with less than a second remaining. Not sure if Isailovic called “glass,” but his shot answered a three-pointer made by Lafayette’s Bryce Scott to tie the game at 62 with 20.6 seconds to go.
St. Francis, picked to finish seventh in the Northeast Conference preseason coaches’ poll, also has wins over defending ACC champion Miami and reigning America East regular season champ Stony Brook. And they also gave No. 2 Syracuse all it wanted in a game last month before losing by six, 56-50.
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 3
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (13)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)