Dec 20, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
After losing consecutive games to Army and Monmouth, Glenn Braica’s St. Francis Brooklyn Terriers have now won two straight games to move to 7-5 on the season. With just one player averaging in double figures, junior forward Jalen Cannon (14.3 ppg, 8.1 rpg), the Terriers have received contributions from multiple players this season.
On Thursday night in their 65-62 win over Lafayette it was guard Alex Isailovic who made the big play, as he banked in a three-pointer with less than a second remaining. Not sure if Isailovic called “glass,” but his shot answered a three-pointer made by Lafayette’s Bryce Scott to tie the game at 62 with 20.6 seconds to go.
St. Francis, picked to finish seventh in the Northeast Conference preseason coaches’ poll, also has wins over defending ACC champion Miami and reigning America East regular season champ Stony Brook. And they also gave No. 2 Syracuse all it wanted in a game last month before losing by six, 56-50.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)