Dec 20, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Hours after his team took care of UCLA on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski appeared on the “Dan Patrick Show” on Friday morning to discuss his team’s performance to date among multiple topics. One of the topics had nothing to do with the action on the floor, as Bruce Springsteen was in attendance to cheer on the Blue Devils (one of his daughters attends Duke).
The Hall of Fame coach is a fan of “The Boss,” and he even jokes about wanting to rush over and hug the musician at the end of Thursday’s game.
Also of note was the discussion regarding freshman forward Jabari Parker, who has proven to be one of the best players in college basketball regardless of class. Parker eclipsed the 20-point mark once again on Thursday, scoring 23 points and grabbing ten rebounds in the 80-63 victory.
Given Parker’s youth there’s still much for him to learn, and with that being the case Krzyzewski expects the freshman to get even better as he gains experience.
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 4
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was 5
- More than 200,000 UConn fans show up for parade in Hartford (VIDEO/PHOTOS) 0
- UMass guard Derrick Gordon becomes first openly gay Division I basketball player (31)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Lacey Holsworth, Adreian Payne’s eight-year-old friend, loses her battle with cancer (9)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (9)