Dec 20, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Hours after his team took care of UCLA on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski appeared on the “Dan Patrick Show” on Friday morning to discuss his team’s performance to date among multiple topics. One of the topics had nothing to do with the action on the floor, as Bruce Springsteen was in attendance to cheer on the Blue Devils (one of his daughters attends Duke).
The Hall of Fame coach is a fan of “The Boss,” and he even jokes about wanting to rush over and hug the musician at the end of Thursday’s game.
Also of note was the discussion regarding freshman forward Jabari Parker, who has proven to be one of the best players in college basketball regardless of class. Parker eclipsed the 20-point mark once again on Thursday, scoring 23 points and grabbing ten rebounds in the 80-63 victory.
Given Parker’s youth there’s still much for him to learn, and with that being the case Krzyzewski expects the freshman to get even better as he gains experience.
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0