Dec 20, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Hours after his team took care of UCLA on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski appeared on the “Dan Patrick Show” on Friday morning to discuss his team’s performance to date among multiple topics. One of the topics had nothing to do with the action on the floor, as Bruce Springsteen was in attendance to cheer on the Blue Devils (one of his daughters attends Duke).
The Hall of Fame coach is a fan of “The Boss,” and he even jokes about wanting to rush over and hug the musician at the end of Thursday’s game.
Also of note was the discussion regarding freshman forward Jabari Parker, who has proven to be one of the best players in college basketball regardless of class. Parker eclipsed the 20-point mark once again on Thursday, scoring 23 points and grabbing ten rebounds in the 80-63 victory.
Given Parker’s youth there’s still much for him to learn, and with that being the case Krzyzewski expects the freshman to get even better as he gains experience.
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)