Dec 20, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Hours after his team took care of UCLA on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski appeared on the “Dan Patrick Show” on Friday morning to discuss his team’s performance to date among multiple topics. One of the topics had nothing to do with the action on the floor, as Bruce Springsteen was in attendance to cheer on the Blue Devils (one of his daughters attends Duke).
The Hall of Fame coach is a fan of “The Boss,” and he even jokes about wanting to rush over and hug the musician at the end of Thursday’s game.
Also of note was the discussion regarding freshman forward Jabari Parker, who has proven to be one of the best players in college basketball regardless of class. Parker eclipsed the 20-point mark once again on Thursday, scoring 23 points and grabbing ten rebounds in the 80-63 victory.
Given Parker’s youth there’s still much for him to learn, and with that being the case Krzyzewski expects the freshman to get even better as he gains experience.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)