Dec 20, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Hours after his team took care of UCLA on Thursday night at Madison Square Garden, Duke head coach Mike Krzyzewski appeared on the “Dan Patrick Show” on Friday morning to discuss his team’s performance to date among multiple topics. One of the topics had nothing to do with the action on the floor, as Bruce Springsteen was in attendance to cheer on the Blue Devils (one of his daughters attends Duke).
The Hall of Fame coach is a fan of “The Boss,” and he even jokes about wanting to rush over and hug the musician at the end of Thursday’s game.
Also of note was the discussion regarding freshman forward Jabari Parker, who has proven to be one of the best players in college basketball regardless of class. Parker eclipsed the 20-point mark once again on Thursday, scoring 23 points and grabbing ten rebounds in the 80-63 victory.
Given Parker’s youth there’s still much for him to learn, and with that being the case Krzyzewski expects the freshman to get even better as he gains experience.
- Norman Powell sees defense, rebounding as keys for UCLA 0
- How can Wichita State build on the two best years in program history? 0
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Xavier’s new court design? Cincy’s skyline, but not chili (PHOTO) (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)