Dec 20, 2013, 1:44 AM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 8 Duke 80, UCLA 63
Jabari Parker finished with 23 points, 10 boards and five assists to lead the Blue Devils to a win over UCLA at Madison Square Garden on Thursday night. As good as Parker was, however, the real star of the game of Rasheed Sulaimon, who shook off a rough start to the season to put together a better-than-it-looks eight points, five boards and four assists.
1) Dayton got 22 points and 14 boards from Dyshawn Pierre as the Flyers knocked off Iona 96-84. Vee Sanford went for 17 points off the bench as Dayton shot over 55% from the floor against Iona’s anemic defense.
2) Aaron Gordon finished with 21 points as No. 1 Arizona knocked off Southern 69-43 at the McKale Center. The game was boring, although this likely would have been the highlight regardless.
3) Chris Denson went for 19 points and KT Harrell added 14 as Auburn knocked off 8-2 Clemson in Alabama 66-64.
1) Brad Waldow led St. Mary’s to a 9-0 start to the season with 17 points, five boards and three blocks in a 59-44 win over American.
2) Jameel Warney finished with 20 points, 11 boards, five assists and four blocks as Stony Brook outlast Loyola MD and Dylon Cormier’s 25 points.
3) Kyle Davis had 15 points and 12 boards in Utah State’s first game without Jarred Shaw. The Aggies won 68-52 against Western Illinois.
1) In his third game back with South Carolina’s basketball team this season, Bruce Ellington finished 3-for-13 from the floor in a 74-68 loss to USC-Upstate.
2) USC had no answer for the combination of Mike Caffey and Tyler Lamb, losing to Long Beach State 72-71.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)