Dec 20, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Louisville will be down a player in the front court when they take on FIU Saturday afternoon, as the school announced that freshman forward Akoy Agau has been suspended indefinitely. The school did not specify a reason for the disciplinary measure in the statement released on Friday afternoon.
Agau hasn’t seen a large amount of playing time thus far, playing an average of five minutes per game in seven of Louisville’s 11 games. The most he’s played in a game this season is nine minutes in Louisville’s 90-62 win over Kansas City, a game in which he accounted for two points and five rebounds. Provided none of their key players go down against FIU, Louisville should be OK in the front court against the Panthers.
According to Jeff Greer of the Louisville Courier-Journal, Agau did make the trip to Miami with the team but will not be in uniform for the game. Also of note for Louisville is the fact that junior guard Kevin Ware is expected to miss the game due to a shin bruise suffered in the Cardinals’ win over Missouri State.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)