Dec 20, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Louisville will be down a player in the front court when they take on FIU Saturday afternoon, as the school announced that freshman forward Akoy Agau has been suspended indefinitely. The school did not specify a reason for the disciplinary measure in the statement released on Friday afternoon.
Agau hasn’t seen a large amount of playing time thus far, playing an average of five minutes per game in seven of Louisville’s 11 games. The most he’s played in a game this season is nine minutes in Louisville’s 90-62 win over Kansas City, a game in which he accounted for two points and five rebounds. Provided none of their key players go down against FIU, Louisville should be OK in the front court against the Panthers.
According to Jeff Greer of the Louisville Courier-Journal, Agau did make the trip to Miami with the team but will not be in uniform for the game. Also of note for Louisville is the fact that junior guard Kevin Ware is expected to miss the game due to a shin bruise suffered in the Cardinals’ win over Missouri State.
- College Basketball Talk’s Class of 2015 Draft 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships 2
- Las Vegas Thursday Recap: Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman perform well 0
- Malik Beasley looking to capitalize on a big spring, summer 0
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status 2
- July Live Period Week Two Superlatives 0
- Seven Takeaways from the Under Armour Finals 0
- Mother of elite recruit Josh Jackson: ‘Josh hasn’t been recruited by anyone’ (5)
- Isaiah Austin has a job with the NBA once he finishes degree at Baylor (2)
- Missouri State’s Marcus Marshall works to strengthen knee, leadership abilities (2)
- Report: 2015 phenom Ben Simmons fully committed to attending LSU (2)
- Mixtape for Ben Simmons, who proves he’s 2015′s No. 1 player (VIDEO) (2)