Dec 20, 2013, 3:49 PM EDT
Louisville will be down a player in the front court when they take on FIU Saturday afternoon, as the school announced that freshman forward Akoy Agau has been suspended indefinitely. The school did not specify a reason for the disciplinary measure in the statement released on Friday afternoon.
Agau hasn’t seen a large amount of playing time thus far, playing an average of five minutes per game in seven of Louisville’s 11 games. The most he’s played in a game this season is nine minutes in Louisville’s 90-62 win over Kansas City, a game in which he accounted for two points and five rebounds. Provided none of their key players go down against FIU, Louisville should be OK in the front court against the Panthers.
According to Jeff Greer of the Louisville Courier-Journal, Agau did make the trip to Miami with the team but will not be in uniform for the game. Also of note for Louisville is the fact that junior guard Kevin Ware is expected to miss the game due to a shin bruise suffered in the Cardinals’ win over Missouri State.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 0
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)