Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Not only was Jerran Young’s dunk against Eastern Illinois a monstrous throw-down, but it came off of a set out-of-bounds play from the baseline. This was pre-meditated, and head coach Billy Donlon certainly was keeping this in his holster for an opportune time.
Unrelated to the dunk, Wright State needed this win against Eastern Illinois last night in a bad way, having lost four straight games. Young’s slam was the icing on the cake for the big win.
(h/t to Troy Machir of the Sporting News.)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 3
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 5
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 60
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 14
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (63)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)