Dec 20, 2013, 5:15 PM EDT
Not only was Jerran Young’s dunk against Eastern Illinois a monstrous throw-down, but it came off of a set out-of-bounds play from the baseline. This was pre-meditated, and head coach Billy Donlon certainly was keeping this in his holster for an opportune time.
Unrelated to the dunk, Wright State needed this win against Eastern Illinois last night in a bad way, having lost four straight games. Young’s slam was the icing on the cake for the big win.
(h/t to Troy Machir of the Sporting News.)
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)