Dec 20, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
University of Rhode Island sophomore forward Mike Aaman was recently assaulted at an off-campus house in Narragansett, RI, and will be out of the Rams’ lineup indefinitely, the Providence Journal’s Kevin McNamara reported.
Aaman, who has been sidelined for the past six games following severe stomach cramps — resulting in an emergency appendectomy — he experienced during a game at Arizona earlier this season, suffered from head trauma and an eye injury following the altercation.
Mike Laprey, a spokesperson for Rhode Island athletics, said in a statement: “We are aware of the situation and will not comment on any pending investigation.” Laprey added: “Mike Aaman will not play Sunday and will be out indefinitely, pending further appointments, testing, and evaluations with team medical personnel.”
According to Bill Koch, no arrests have been made as of Friday morning:
For the season, Aaman is averaging 3.0 ppg and 2.4 rpg in 9.4 mpg.
Rhode Island next plays at home against New Hampshire on Sunday.Follow @KLDoyle11
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 5
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)