Dec 20, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
University of Rhode Island sophomore forward Mike Aaman was recently assaulted at an off-campus house in Narragansett, RI, and will be out of the Rams’ lineup indefinitely, the Providence Journal’s Kevin McNamara reported.
Aaman, who has been sidelined for the past six games following severe stomach cramps — resulting in an emergency appendectomy — he experienced during a game at Arizona earlier this season, suffered from head trauma and an eye injury following the altercation.
Mike Laprey, a spokesperson for Rhode Island athletics, said in a statement: “We are aware of the situation and will not comment on any pending investigation.” Laprey added: “Mike Aaman will not play Sunday and will be out indefinitely, pending further appointments, testing, and evaluations with team medical personnel.”
According to Bill Koch, no arrests have been made as of Friday morning:
For the season, Aaman is averaging 3.0 ppg and 2.4 rpg in 9.4 mpg.
Rhode Island next plays at home against New Hampshire on Sunday.Follow @KLDoyle11
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ 5
- John Calipari appears on ‘The Colbert Report’ (VIDEO) 1
- Auburn will not appeal Bruce Pearl’s show-cause penalty 3
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle entering NBA Draft 0
- ACC’s league schedule highlights the flaws of massive power conferences 4
- Report: Tennessee hires Southern Miss coach Donnie Tyndall 1
- Rice transfer Sean Obi commits to Duke 1
- Adam Silver says raising NBA’s age limit a top priority (7)
- Former Marquette commits Ahmed Hill, Satchel Pierce follow Buzz Williams to Virginia Tech (7)
- Indiana grabs commitment from prep school center (VIDEO) (6)
- Harrison twins awaiting feedback from NBA before deciding to return or declare (6)
- Jabari Parker on a potential move to two-and-done: ‘I think that’s ridiculous’ (5)