Dec 20, 2013, 6:30 PM EST
University of Rhode Island sophomore forward Mike Aaman was recently assaulted at an off-campus house in Narragansett, RI, and will be out of the Rams’ lineup indefinitely, the Providence Journal’s Kevin McNamara reported.
Aaman, who has been sidelined for the past six games following severe stomach cramps — resulting in an emergency appendectomy — he experienced during a game at Arizona earlier this season, suffered from head trauma and an eye injury following the altercation.
Mike Laprey, a spokesperson for Rhode Island athletics, said in a statement: “We are aware of the situation and will not comment on any pending investigation.” Laprey added: “Mike Aaman will not play Sunday and will be out indefinitely, pending further appointments, testing, and evaluations with team medical personnel.”
According to Bill Koch, no arrests have been made as of Friday morning:
For the season, Aaman is averaging 3.0 ppg and 2.4 rpg in 9.4 mpg.
Rhode Island next plays at home against New Hampshire on Sunday.Follow @KLDoyle11
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)