Dec 20, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
University of Rhode Island sophomore forward Mike Aaman was recently assaulted at an off-campus house in Narragansett, RI, and will be out of the Rams’ lineup indefinitely, the Providence Journal’s Kevin McNamara reported.
Aaman, who has been sidelined for the past six games following severe stomach cramps — resulting in an emergency appendectomy — he experienced during a game at Arizona earlier this season, suffered from head trauma and an eye injury following the altercation.
Mike Laprey, a spokesperson for Rhode Island athletics, said in a statement: “We are aware of the situation and will not comment on any pending investigation.” Laprey added: “Mike Aaman will not play Sunday and will be out indefinitely, pending further appointments, testing, and evaluations with team medical personnel.”
According to Bill Koch, no arrests have been made as of Friday morning:
For the season, Aaman is averaging 3.0 ppg and 2.4 rpg in 9.4 mpg.
Rhode Island next plays at home against New Hampshire on Sunday.Follow @KLDoyle11
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 1
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)