Dec 20, 2013, 6:30 PM EDT
University of Rhode Island sophomore forward Mike Aaman was recently assaulted at an off-campus house in Narragansett, RI, and will be out of the Rams’ lineup indefinitely, the Providence Journal’s Kevin McNamara reported.
Aaman, who has been sidelined for the past six games following severe stomach cramps — resulting in an emergency appendectomy — he experienced during a game at Arizona earlier this season, suffered from head trauma and an eye injury following the altercation.
Mike Laprey, a spokesperson for Rhode Island athletics, said in a statement: “We are aware of the situation and will not comment on any pending investigation.” Laprey added: “Mike Aaman will not play Sunday and will be out indefinitely, pending further appointments, testing, and evaluations with team medical personnel.”
According to Bill Koch, no arrests have been made as of Friday morning:
For the season, Aaman is averaging 3.0 ppg and 2.4 rpg in 9.4 mpg.
Rhode Island next plays at home against New Hampshire on Sunday.Follow @KLDoyle11
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Throwback Thursday: Which Jim Calhoun rant was the best Jim Calhoun rant? (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Here’s what the new Illinois basketball court will look like (PHOTO) (2)