Dec 21, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
After getting hit in the back of the head by Georgetown’s Nate Lubick, Perry Ellis looked wobbly while shooting a free throw that hit the bottom of the backboard a good three feet to the left of the rim.
He pointed to his head after the miss, leaving the game with 18 minutes left in the second half and not returning back to the court. We’ll wait for Kansas to make an official announcement, but it’s not hard to see a woozy Ellis pointing to his head and think concussion.
The Jayhawks still have to play No. 24 San Diego State and undefeated Toledo this month, so it would be a big blow to the Jayhawks if they lose their second-leading scorer and leading rebounder for an extended period of time.
Kansas beat Georgetown 86-64.
(UPDATE: Bill Self said the injury isn’t serious. “I’m not a doctor, OK, but if he had a concussion it’s very, very, very slight,” Self said. “What he did is he bruised a nerve in his neck and it’s something that the doctors think he’ll be able to come back from in a very short time.”)
(h/t The Dagger)
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)