Dec 21, 2013, 2:47 PM EST
After getting hit in the back of the head by Georgetown’s Nate Lubick, Perry Ellis looked wobbly while shooting a free throw that hit the bottom of the backboard a good three feet to the left of the rim.
He pointed to his head after the miss, leaving the game with 18 minutes left in the second half and not returning back to the court. We’ll wait for Kansas to make an official announcement, but it’s not hard to see a woozy Ellis pointing to his head and think concussion.
The Jayhawks still have to play No. 24 San Diego State and undefeated Toledo this month, so it would be a big blow to the Jayhawks if they lose their second-leading scorer and leading rebounder for an extended period of time.
Kansas beat Georgetown 86-64.
(UPDATE: Bill Self said the injury isn’t serious. “I’m not a doctor, OK, but if he had a concussion it’s very, very, very slight,” Self said. “What he did is he bruised a nerve in his neck and it’s something that the doctors think he’ll be able to come back from in a very short time.”)
(h/t The Dagger)
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)