Dec 22, 2013, 3:52 PM EDT
Former Missouri forward Stefan Jankovic will be transferring to Hawaii, according to a report from Brian McInnis of the Honoplulu Star-Advertiser.
Jankovic transferred out of Missouri last month.bvHe averaged 3.0 points and 1.4 boards as a freshman and 3.3 points in three games as a sophomore.
“In talking to my family today, I decided I wanted to commit to Hawaii and come to Honolulu,” Jankovic told Phillips. “The deciding factor was definitely the opportunity to come in and play. I had a good two-hour convo with Coach while I was there, just talked to me about using my versatility and playing how I like to play. Another big thing was the family atmosphere.”
There are two interesting things to note here. Another former Missouri player, Negus Webster-Chan, has already transferred to Hawaii. The Rainbows also have a freshman big man on their roster named Stefan Jovanovic. I pity the guys running the PA when Hawaii plays on the road.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)