Dec 22, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
The beginning of the 2013-14 season has been a rocky one, to say the least, for J-Mychal Reese. Reese, whose father, John Reese, is an assistant coach with Texas A&M, was kicked off of the team after the Aggies’ loss to Oklahoma on Saturday night due to violating athletic department rules and regulations.
According to a AggieSports.com, neither J-Mychal or John Reese participated in the game against Oklahoma due to an “issue within their family,” the school announced in a release minutes before tip-off.
Prior to Texas A&M’s exhibition game against UT-Permian Basin, the school announced that sophomore guard J-Mychal Reese had been suspended for a violation of athletic department rules and regulations. After returning from the four game suspension, he played in six games and averaged seven points in 16 minutes per game.
For his career at Texas A&M, J-Mychal played in 39 games as an Aggie, averaging 6.3 points per game.
- Junior college prospect Andre Spight working to improve point guard skills 0
- Duncan Robinson, of D-III Williams College, considering transfer to Michigan, Davidson 0
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 2
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players (2)
- Report: Top Oregon recruit denied admission to school (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)