Dec 22, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
The beginning of the 2013-14 season has been a rocky one, to say the least, for J-Mychal Reese. Reese, whose father, John Reese, is an assistant coach with Texas A&M, was kicked off of the team after the Aggies’ loss to Oklahoma on Saturday night due to violating athletic department rules and regulations.
According to a AggieSports.com, neither J-Mychal or John Reese participated in the game against Oklahoma due to an “issue within their family,” the school announced in a release minutes before tip-off.
Prior to Texas A&M’s exhibition game against UT-Permian Basin, the school announced that sophomore guard J-Mychal Reese had been suspended for a violation of athletic department rules and regulations. After returning from the four game suspension, he played in six games and averaged seven points in 16 minutes per game.
For his career at Texas A&M, J-Mychal played in 39 games as an Aggie, averaging 6.3 points per game.
- College Basketball Talk’s Recruiting Roundup 0
- Former Michigan center discusses hasty departure for the NBA (VIDEO) 0
- Five-star 2015 center trims list to five 1
- College of Charleston coaching search takes another turn 0
- Rivals releases new rankings for the Class of 2015 0
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? 2
- ‘Value Add’ stat projects Utah’s Delon Wright as having a historic season 0
- In his first day of recruiting, Bruce Pearl lands Auburn a four-star forward (4)
- DePaul’s Purnell loses fifth recruit that signed letter of intent (3)
- Former Ole Miss star Marshall Henderson getting pro tryout in Italy (2)
- Will Bill Self and Kansas play small-ball this season? (2)
- Report: Ex-Spartan forward headed to Ohio (1)