Dec 22, 2013, 10:03 AM EST
The beginning of the 2013-14 season has been a rocky one, to say the least, for J-Mychal Reese. Reese, whose father, John Reese, is an assistant coach with Texas A&M, was kicked off of the team after the Aggies’ loss to Oklahoma on Saturday night due to violating athletic department rules and regulations.
According to a AggieSports.com, neither J-Mychal or John Reese participated in the game against Oklahoma due to an “issue within their family,” the school announced in a release minutes before tip-off.
Prior to Texas A&M’s exhibition game against UT-Permian Basin, the school announced that sophomore guard J-Mychal Reese had been suspended for a violation of athletic department rules and regulations. After returning from the four game suspension, he played in six games and averaged seven points in 16 minutes per game.
For his career at Texas A&M, J-Mychal played in 39 games as an Aggie, averaging 6.3 points per game.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)