Dec 22, 2013, 10:03 AM EDT
The beginning of the 2013-14 season has been a rocky one, to say the least, for J-Mychal Reese. Reese, whose father, John Reese, is an assistant coach with Texas A&M, was kicked off of the team after the Aggies’ loss to Oklahoma on Saturday night due to violating athletic department rules and regulations.
According to a AggieSports.com, neither J-Mychal or John Reese participated in the game against Oklahoma due to an “issue within their family,” the school announced in a release minutes before tip-off.
Prior to Texas A&M’s exhibition game against UT-Permian Basin, the school announced that sophomore guard J-Mychal Reese had been suspended for a violation of athletic department rules and regulations. After returning from the four game suspension, he played in six games and averaged seven points in 16 minutes per game.
For his career at Texas A&M, J-Mychal played in 39 games as an Aggie, averaging 6.3 points per game.
- 2014 Big 12 Tournament Preview: This is going to be good 1
- 2014 Big East Tournament Preview: Can Villanova finally beat Creighton? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 4
- Bracketology: Florida in driver’s seat for overall No. 1 seed 4
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans 8
- Bubble Banter: Nebraska’s marquee win, St. Joseph’s problematic loss 0
- Turnovers help Ohio State beat No. 22 Michigan State in regular season finale 1
- Wichita State will head into the NCAA tournament 34-0 as a No. 1 seed (10)
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- NBCSports.com’s 2014 College Basketball All-Americans (8)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)