Dec 22, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Over the summer, form SMU center Jordan Dickerson transferred to Penn State. It looked like Dickerson wouldn’t be eligible to play during the 2013-14 season when he initially transferred due to NCAA transfer rules. However, Penn State submitted a Legislative Relief Waiver to the NCAA requesting it waive the year in residence requirement, and the NCAA complied.
Dickerson will be able to play immediately, beginning with Penn State’s afternoon contest against Mount St. Mary’s today.
At SMU, Dickerson played just 3.5 minutes per game during the 2012-13 season, but standing at 7-feet, he offers Penn State a much-needed big body in the front court.
Dickerson, a sophomore center, is eligible for the remainder of this season, along with two additional seasons.
In a release by the school, Penn State head coach said: “We are excited the NCAA has approved the waiver for Jordan. He has worked hard to develop during his six months with the program and we look forward to working him into our lineup and taking advantage of his presence in the post.”
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)