Dec 22, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
A fastbreak of this variety was bound to happen at some point this season with Memphis’ back court. Against Southeast Missouri State, they did this:
Harlem Globetrotters or Memphis Tigers?
It all happened so quickly, but here’s the breakdown of the play: Geron Johnson steals the ball, Michael Dixon Jr. corrals the ball and lofts an over-the-head lob back to Johnson, he then dishes a behind-the-back pass to Chris Crawford who tosses up an alley-oop to Shaq Goodwin. Follow all of that?
What other team in the country could execute a play like this other than Memphis?
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)