Dec 22, 2013, 2:15 PM EST
A fastbreak of this variety was bound to happen at some point this season with Memphis’ back court. Against Southeast Missouri State, they did this:
Harlem Globetrotters or Memphis Tigers?
It all happened so quickly, but here’s the breakdown of the play: Geron Johnson steals the ball, Michael Dixon Jr. corrals the ball and lofts an over-the-head lob back to Johnson, he then dishes a behind-the-back pass to Chris Crawford who tosses up an alley-oop to Shaq Goodwin. Follow all of that?
What other team in the country could execute a play like this other than Memphis?
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 0
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 0
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 3
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)