Dec 22, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
A fastbreak of this variety was bound to happen at some point this season with Memphis’ back court. Against Southeast Missouri State, they did this:
Harlem Globetrotters or Memphis Tigers?
It all happened so quickly, but here’s the breakdown of the play: Geron Johnson steals the ball, Michael Dixon Jr. corrals the ball and lofts an over-the-head lob back to Johnson, he then dishes a behind-the-back pass to Chris Crawford who tosses up an alley-oop to Shaq Goodwin. Follow all of that?
What other team in the country could execute a play like this other than Memphis?
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)