Dec 22, 2013, 2:15 PM EST
A fastbreak of this variety was bound to happen at some point this season with Memphis’ back court. Against Southeast Missouri State, they did this:
Harlem Globetrotters or Memphis Tigers?
It all happened so quickly, but here’s the breakdown of the play: Geron Johnson steals the ball, Michael Dixon Jr. corrals the ball and lofts an over-the-head lob back to Johnson, he then dishes a behind-the-back pass to Chris Crawford who tosses up an alley-oop to Shaq Goodwin. Follow all of that?
What other team in the country could execute a play like this other than Memphis?
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)