Dec 22, 2013, 2:15 PM EDT
A fastbreak of this variety was bound to happen at some point this season with Memphis’ back court. Against Southeast Missouri State, they did this:
Harlem Globetrotters or Memphis Tigers?
It all happened so quickly, but here’s the breakdown of the play: Geron Johnson steals the ball, Michael Dixon Jr. corrals the ball and lofts an over-the-head lob back to Johnson, he then dishes a behind-the-back pass to Chris Crawford who tosses up an alley-oop to Shaq Goodwin. Follow all of that?
What other team in the country could execute a play like this other than Memphis?
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Toledo looks to end a 35-year NCAA Tournament drought and rep the MAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 8 Texas Longhorns 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Stanley Johnson, Sam Dekker lead wing forward rankings 1
- Five-star 2015 power forward down to five schools (2)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)