Dec 22, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
Pe’Shon Howard went the length of the court to hit a buzzer-beating three to give USC a 79-76 overtime win at Dayton on Sunday night.
Howard finished with 12 points and four assists for the Trojans as they improved to 8-4 on the season. I don’t think that this is a team that is capable of earning an at-large bid, but anything can happen in league play. If Andy Enfield happens to get his team hot in February, this will be a nice win.
But if the Trojans continue to thrive in medocrity, this result will not make Flyer fans happy.
At one point, Dayton looked like the best team in the Atlantic 10. Since then, they’ve lost to USC and Illinois State, neither of whom are powerhouse programs this year.
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 1
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 1
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 54
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 8
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 13
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (54)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)