Dec 22, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
Pe’Shon Howard went the length of the court to hit a buzzer-beating three to give USC a 79-76 overtime win at Dayton on Sunday night.
Howard finished with 12 points and four assists for the Trojans as they improved to 8-4 on the season. I don’t think that this is a team that is capable of earning an at-large bid, but anything can happen in league play. If Andy Enfield happens to get his team hot in February, this will be a nice win.
But if the Trojans continue to thrive in medocrity, this result will not make Flyer fans happy.
At one point, Dayton looked like the best team in the Atlantic 10. Since then, they’ve lost to USC and Illinois State, neither of whom are powerhouse programs this year.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)