Dec 22, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
Pe’Shon Howard went the length of the court to hit a buzzer-beating three to give USC a 79-76 overtime win at Dayton on Sunday night.
Howard finished with 12 points and four assists for the Trojans as they improved to 8-4 on the season. I don’t think that this is a team that is capable of earning an at-large bid, but anything can happen in league play. If Andy Enfield happens to get his team hot in February, this will be a nice win.
But if the Trojans continue to thrive in medocrity, this result will not make Flyer fans happy.
At one point, Dayton looked like the best team in the Atlantic 10. Since then, they’ve lost to USC and Illinois State, neither of whom are powerhouse programs this year.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)