Dec 22, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
Pe’Shon Howard went the length of the court to hit a buzzer-beating three to give USC a 79-76 overtime win at Dayton on Sunday night.
Howard finished with 12 points and four assists for the Trojans as they improved to 8-4 on the season. I don’t think that this is a team that is capable of earning an at-large bid, but anything can happen in league play. If Andy Enfield happens to get his team hot in February, this will be a nice win.
But if the Trojans continue to thrive in medocrity, this result will not make Flyer fans happy.
At one point, Dayton looked like the best team in the Atlantic 10. Since then, they’ve lost to USC and Illinois State, neither of whom are powerhouse programs this year.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)