Dec 22, 2013, 8:11 PM EDT
Pe’Shon Howard went the length of the court to hit a buzzer-beating three to give USC a 79-76 overtime win at Dayton on Sunday night.
Howard finished with 12 points and four assists for the Trojans as they improved to 8-4 on the season. I don’t think that this is a team that is capable of earning an at-large bid, but anything can happen in league play. If Andy Enfield happens to get his team hot in February, this will be a nice win.
But if the Trojans continue to thrive in medocrity, this result will not make Flyer fans happy.
At one point, Dayton looked like the best team in the Atlantic 10. Since then, they’ve lost to USC and Illinois State, neither of whom are powerhouse programs this year.
- It’s beyond time for college basketball to return to NBA’s early entry calendar 0
- Former Alabama player Devonta Pollard receiving interest from Kentucky 2
- 2014 NBA Draft: What early entry decisions are we still waiting for? 0
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved 9
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California 10
- Sophomore center Willie Cauley-Stein returning to Kentucky 5
- Montrezl Harrell will be returning to Louisville for his junior season 0
- NCAA approves unlimited meals and snacks for Division I student-athletes (11)
- Report: Cuonzo Martin to become the new head coach at California (10)
- Cuonzo Martin and Tennessee parting ways is good for everyone involved (9)
- Syracuse freshman Chinoso Obokoh could lose year of eligibility due to NCAA issue (6)
- John Calipari reveals what ‘the tweak’ actually was (5)