Dec 22, 2013, 6:12 PM EDT
Davidson took No. 14 North Carolina to overtime last night, but despite 33 points from Brian Sullivan, the Wildcats took a 97-85 loss.
It was a valiant effort, one that a Davidson team with just three Division I wins on the season can be proud of.
But being proud of a tough performance isn’t a win, however, and that cost Golden State guard and former Wildcat Steph Curry, who posed in a North Carolina sweater in the picture you see above. It was tweeted out by Harrison Barnes, a North Carolina alum.
Barnes has been cleaning up this season. Earlier this year, when the Tar Heels beat Michigan State in East Lansing, he got a picture of Draymond Green wearing a UNC sweatshirt. That photo was Day Day’s avatar on twitter for a while as well.
The only other player on Golden State’s roster that is the alum of a school that plays North Carolina this season is Florida State’s Toney Douglas.
- UCLA’s Pauley Pavilion flooded after water main break on Sunset Boulevard (PHOTOS/VIDEOS) 0
- John Calipari’s return to Kentucky ‘solely’ due to loyalty to his players 0
- The other side of the July live period: Recruits continue to strive for attention and offers 0
- Seven takeaways from AAU Nationals and Super Showcase 0
- Seven takeaways from Las Vegas for the final AAU weekend of 2014 0
- One college coach’s unique connection to the Peach Jam 0
- July Live Period Week Three Superlatives 0
- Marcus Foster still hasn’t forgotten, or forgiven, those pulled scholarships (3)
- Two surprises after first cuts at Team USA U17 trials (3)
- Top 15 recruit Antonio Blakeney has made the ‘jump’ — literally — to elite status (2)
- The latest allegations against Doug Wojcik involve a physical confrontation (2)
- Coach K: ‘I do not see an end of my road in my college coaching’ (1)