Dec 23, 2013, 10:08 AM EST
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 17 Iowa State vs. Akron, 4:30 p.m. ET
The Cyclones whipped up on George Mason on Sunday night in the opener of the Diamond Head Classic, and Akron followed that up by handing Oregon State their first-ever loss in front of President Obama, who is in Hawaii on vacation. The two teams square off tonight, as Fred Hoiberg’s team looks to stay undefeated.
MID-MAJOR GAME OF THE DAY: St. Mary’s at Hawaii, 11:30 p.m. ET
In the final game of the Diamond Head Classic’s second day, the Gaels will take on the Rainbows. St. Mary’s really, really needs the win after suffering their first loss of the season to South Carolina on Sunday night.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
1) No. 1 Arizona takes on Northern Arizona tonight at 10:00 p.m.
2) Demetrius Walker makes his return to The Pit on Monday, as Grand Canyon will pay a visit to New Mexico. Walker is averaging 18.1 points.
3) Tennessee, who desperately needs a win, hosts Morehead State.
4) Games will be kicking off at noon today, with Binghamton squaring off with Buffalo. The first one you can watch on TV? George Mason and Oregon State at 2:30 p.m.
5) After knocking off St. Mary’s on Sunday night, South Carolina will get a chance to win their second in a row on Monday night as they square off with sharp-shooting Boise State.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent (3)