Dec 23, 2013, 10:08 AM EDT
GAME OF THE NIGHT: No. 17 Iowa State vs. Akron, 4:30 p.m. ET
The Cyclones whipped up on George Mason on Sunday night in the opener of the Diamond Head Classic, and Akron followed that up by handing Oregon State their first-ever loss in front of President Obama, who is in Hawaii on vacation. The two teams square off tonight, as Fred Hoiberg’s team looks to stay undefeated.
MID-MAJOR GAME OF THE DAY: St. Mary’s at Hawaii, 11:30 p.m. ET
In the final game of the Diamond Head Classic’s second day, the Gaels will take on the Rainbows. St. Mary’s really, really needs the win after suffering their first loss of the season to South Carolina on Sunday night.
FIVE THINGS TO KNOW
1) No. 1 Arizona takes on Northern Arizona tonight at 10:00 p.m.
2) Demetrius Walker makes his return to The Pit on Monday, as Grand Canyon will pay a visit to New Mexico. Walker is averaging 18.1 points.
3) Tennessee, who desperately needs a win, hosts Morehead State.
4) Games will be kicking off at noon today, with Binghamton squaring off with Buffalo. The first one you can watch on TV? George Mason and Oregon State at 2:30 p.m.
5) After knocking off St. Mary’s on Sunday night, South Carolina will get a chance to win their second in a row on Monday night as they square off with sharp-shooting Boise State.
Mar 9, 2014, 3:10 AM EDT
No. 4 Duke and No. 10 San Diego State picked up big home wins, and Eastern Kentucky became the second team into the NCAA tournament field on a busy Saturday.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:56 AM EDT
New Mexico led by 16 with 12:05 remaining. And then their inability to adjust to San Diego State’s 1-3-1 zone cost them the Mountain West title.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:50 AM EDT
No. 10 San Diego State overcomes a 16-point second half deficit as they knock off No. 21 New Mexico and bring home a Mountain West title. But should that change how we view the Aztecs?
Mar 9, 2014, 12:09 AM EDT
North Carolina shot nearly 60%, but getting whipped on the boards cost them dearly at Cameron.
Mar 8, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Jabari Parker and Rodney Hood both went off for No. 4 Duke as the Blue Devils smacked around North Carolina. Does that mean we can call them a Final Four team again?
Mar 8, 2014, 11:16 PM EDT
Get caught up on all of Saturday’s bubble action
Mar 8, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
Creighton’s senior forward scored his 3,000th career point on Saturday night. Only seven other players have reached that total.
Mar 8, 2014, 9:24 PM EDT
Get to know the second entry into the 2014 NCAA Tournament field, the Eastern Kentucky Colonels.
Mar 8, 2014, 7:49 PM EDT
No. 3 Arizona hasn’t been the best perimeter shooting team, but they’ve been able to make up for that on most days. That wasn’t the case against Oregon, and the struggles of Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Gabe York didn’t help either.
Mar 8, 2014, 7:09 PM EDT
Texas A&M celebrated Senior Day on Saturday and it included honoring former high school signee Tobi Oyedeji, who was tragically killed in a car accident in 2010 and never played for the school.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Oregon wins its seventh straight, and the Ducks likely punched their ticket to the NCAA tournament with the win over No. 3 Arizona.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
No. 19 UConn has struggled to crack 70 points during a recent six-game stretch and it could lead to an early exit for the Huskies in the postseason.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
The top seed in next week’s American Athletic Conference was determined by an old school method Saturday afternoon.
Mar 8, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
The Shockers are now one step closer to entering Selection Sunday undefeated.
Mar 8, 2014, 5:06 PM EDT
As Louisville sophomore forward Montrezl Harrell puts up huge numbers against great competition in the last few weeks are the Cardinals a threat to make a run at back-to-back national titles?
Mar 8, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
No. 16 Iowa State comes from 16 points back to beat Marcus Smart and Oklahoma State, but even with the loss, the Cowboys looked even more dangerous. Read why.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:34 PM EDT
No. 8 Kansas fell on the road to West Virginia on Saturday, but the Jayhawks will take the loss knowing that the superstar version of Andrew Wiggins might have finally come to life.
Mar 8, 2014, 3:21 PM EDT
Just how concerned should we be by Kentucky’s struggles over the last two weeks?
Mar 8, 2014, 2:53 PM EDT
Oklahoma State star Marcus Smart has developed a reputation for flopping this season. Don’t, for a second, think that opposing student sections haven’t noticed.
Mar 8, 2014, 2:41 PM EDT
No. 1 Florida spent Saturday showcasing just what makes them so dangerous heading into the NCAA tournament.
- Jabari Parker, Rodney Hood score 54 in No. 4 Duke’s win over No. 14 UNC 0
- Bubble Banter: Oregon, Tennessee headline Saturday’s early winners 0
- Creighton’s Doug McDermott scores his 3,000th point (VIDEO) 0
- Oregon’s big win over No. 3 Arizona caps impressive regular season turnaround 1
- No. 8 Kansas loses, but The Andrew Wiggins Show is what’s important 1
- No. 1 Florida’s undefeated SEC season not just a by-product of their league 5
- Harvard wraps up third consecutive NCAA tournament berth (VIDEO) 0
- No. 7 Syracuse falls to Georgia Tech in a shocking home loss (9)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest Top 25 (6)
- Assigned Reading: Dean Smith’s health continues to deteriorate (6)
- For the first time in months, No. 22 Michigan State and Keith Appling look healthy (6)
- Bracketology: Eight teams in play for No. 1 seeds (6)