Dec 23, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Tortured by failures, former UConn player tries to bounce back (Hartford Courant)
The college career of in-state product Doug Wiggins didn’t go as well as either he or UConn envisioned when he arrived on campus. He’d end up transferring, with the result being a winding journey that he just recently emerged from with an eye towards the future. And he’s also reconnected with UConn, a move that had been long overdue.
Classic collapses in recent college basketball history (CBS Sports)
In light of Notre Dame’s stunning loss to No. 3 Ohio State on Saturday night, CBS Sports’ Matt Norlander compiled a list of collapses over the last decade.
Whole new game for Gabrielle Ludwig (ESPNW)
52-year old Gabrielle Ludwig made news last season as a transgender athlete playing basketball at Mission College in Santa Clara, Calif. Now in her second year at the school, Ludwig’s playing 34 minutes and averaging 17 points and 18 rebounds per game. Ludwig’s in better physical condition, and she’s better equipped to handle the attention as well.
A blind student’s unique place in college hoops (Indianapolis Star)
Evansville senior Bryce Weiler has built up quite the list of contacts within the game of basketball over the years, including Brad Stevens and Rick Pitino. And in addition to this he’s also done work writing about college basketball, called games on the radio and even sits on the Evansville bench for home games.
UConn, Notre Dame women renew series for two years (Connecticut Post)
In recent years the UConn-Notre Dame series has been arguably the best rivalry in women’s college basketball. Thanks to conference realignment the two programs won’t play this season, but they will resume playing beginning with a game in South Bend next season.
Marcus Lee’s brother says transfer scuttlebutt is off base (Lexington Herald-Leader)
With a lack of playing time recently, Kentucky freshman forward Marcus Lee hasn’t been on the floor as often as many expected prior to the start of the season. With that being the case some started to wonder if he would consider transferring, but his brother dismissed that chatter over the weekend.
Longtime college hoops ref Ed Hightower hangs up his whistle (Des Moines Register)
After spending 36 years in the game of basketball as an official, Ed Hightower worked his final game on Sunday.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)